Home Forums Health Decided to start a new healthy eating / fitness pl...

Aggyagus Posted 2 years ago
Decided to start a new healthy eating / fitness plan during February. My job helps with my steps plus I try and run a few times a week. Turning 60 in March and really am hoping to have toned up somewhat by then 👊👊💪💪..
13 likes & 25 replies
    • Shirlann 3rd February 2021 at 11:50 am

Good for you 👍I keep saying going to start but not happen yet😬waiting till warmer weather is here😁

• carolineblair.leo 4th February 2021 at 8:37 am

Brilliant, well done you, you’ll be looking fabulous for your Birthday x

• Thecraftygirl 4th February 2021 at 8:50 am

Good luck! 🤗🍀 I keep thinking another year being overweight and I’m the big 60 myself end of the year. I am trying to get my head around losing weight and getting fit, but lockdown means working from home sitting at my computer all day, so that doesn’t help.

• Just me 7th February 2021 at 2:17 pm

yes, i was a designated home worker for over 10 years and its hard to get into regular exercise but i am lucky as am fairly fit and would usually be playing badminton twice a week. I am very recently retired but when i was stuck on a computer all day i factored in some knee bends etc every 20 mins so was ok.

• BA 4th February 2021 at 9:45 am

I admire your commitment
      I took early retirement in 2017 and was over 19 stone l was determined to eat healthy and exercise regularly it was a hard task but l am now a trim 13 stone and feel really good in myself

• Just me 7th February 2021 at 2:15 pm

Am a tad fed up as will be 68 in a few days time and usually i play badminton twice a week and its showing around the middle that i am not getting my exercise and down here on the S coast covid has been rife so not going out for my daily walks as prefer fat tum to the current alternative. am hoping i will get back to usual weight once lockdown is done!

• Just me 7th February 2021 at 3:15 pm

I am in Eastbourne

• Just me 7th February 2021 at 7:32 pm

yes, i love Eastbourne and used to go out with the ramblers but due to other things i didnt always have time but now i am retired i will probably rejoin once we are allowed to.

• Grenouille 16th February 2021 at 3:12 pm

It is really 90% nutrition, 10% exercise.

• ammbs 16th February 2021 at 3:53 pm

good luck with it. i’m 64 on the 9th, what date is yours?

• Deleted User 18th February 2021 at 8:31 pm

I completed the couch to 5k in lockdown and it’s opened a new world for me. I didn’t expect to enjoy running at All but I didn’t realise the mental health benefits it provides as well as the physical benefits

• Active 1 19th February 2021 at 6:45 am

I decided I needed to get a grip about 3 years ago. I managed to lose 4 stone by following the 5:2 approach to eating( I hate the word diet).It took about 9 months to achieve but I have been able to maintain the weight loss by eliminating carbohydrates for 2 days a week in my diet.I also go to the gym(not at the moment) and run 6 k 3 days a week this allows me to continue to eat what I enjoy.
      We have also eliminated red meat from our diet and increased the amount of fresh fruit and veg,fish etc.
      I enjoy the odd cake and pastie like everyone else, I just make sure the next day I cut back and increase the exercise.
      I recently bought a fitness watch which I find very useful I aim to do 10,000 steps per day.
      The only person that can make you use weight is yourself, what helped me and gave encouragement was the comments that I received from others as I lost weight.
      I had been over weight all my life and for the first time now I am in the healthy weight range and I can buy clothes that fit.
      I read a report recently that said that there is not an obesity problem in this country but a problem with people’s lack of self control in relation to what they eat. I know it sounds harsh but I believe it is true and I was guilty in the past of not controlling what I was eating.
      In simple terms to loose weight we need to eat less and move around more.

• Island Hopper 23rd February 2021 at 9:05 pm

Choosing the diet and exercise plan and being determined to do it are half the battle. We started the Dr Michael Moseley 5:2 diet in early December, and have both lost weight on this. For me, this is almost unheard of. Determined to follow it for life, as it certainly seems to suit us.

• Active 1 28th February 2021 at 6:56 pm

Great news. Well done.You have got to want to lose weight and only you can make it happen.My problem also is that I enjoy to much heathy food.I have to make sure I watch my portion size.
      They say reformed alcoholics never fully recover they have to constantly monitor the situation.
      The same I would suggest is with people like myself if I did not keep a constant watch on what I ate I would put weight on.
      It is not about exercise or eating less but about getting balance between the two right.

• Stephen32 7th March 2021 at 11:10 am

I turned 60 in November, I managed to lose 3 stones during lockdown with walking and healthier diet, its good to have goals to aim for and i think it good for mental health as well

Add