Home Forums Dating Dating by computer 1984

Coast66 Posted 6 months ago
Dating by computer 1984

I tryed computer dating back in 1984 when I was 18, you received a computer print out of matched names locations and a phone number, what was your first computer dating experience?

5 replies
    • SteveInWales 29th December 2021 at 2:29 pm

I guess my 1st on line dating experience was about 2011 ish. I’d been told about a dating site called PoF (Plenty of Fish), and there seemed to be plenty of ladies about my age living within a reasonable distance from me, so I gave it a go.

Well it was a real eye opener as I discovered that the majority of these ladies were only looking for sex, although they were quite subtle about it, (unlike men are), but their intentions became obvious upon meeting them face to face. And I will be honest and admit that I did have a good time, although on line hook ups were not what I was looking for.
      Jeez I could write a book about my dating adventures!

• Dreamyboy 29th December 2021 at 3:18 pm

I don’t know personally about computer dating in the 80s but always remember before it was fashionable for dating apps etc, seeing in my local paper an ad in the personal column in the early 80s from someone along the lines of “Wanted – a lady companion for a refined gentleman of great taste (when I say gentleman I mean the sort of chap who gets out of the shower to have a tinkle)”

I would love to know how many replies he got!

• Chojo 29th December 2021 at 3:20 pm

I have never joined a dating site though a few of my friends have suggested it. The closest I came to doing so was when I almost signed up for teletext dating back in the nineties because my brother found his partner on there. I prefer to let nature take its course. Of course I’ve made friends online after joining places like restless and if things develop from friendship well that’s great but I would never pay, I’ve heard far too many bad things.

• Robert K 29th December 2021 at 4:08 pm

Add