Home Forums Dating DATING AGENCY VS ONLINE WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Yogi61 Posted 10 months ago
DATING AGENCY VS ONLINE WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Hi All hope you are all going mad and enjoying the first day out of lock down.
I was contacted yesterday by a lovely young man after I was giving my support to a neighbour on our NEXT DOOR app after she was treated so badly by a man she met prior to lock down on the dating part of the app. sounds like a real rat, she gave his details and I had more than a word with him. !
Anyway the upshot is nice young man called Noah and his American Girlfriend are considering opening a ‘bricks and mortar’ dating agency. and asked my opinion . My only experience of these is the one on the US TV show MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER, my thoughts were not many would be willing to part with a substantial sum to. be matched I looked up one £5000. to join.
But, Noah has said the charge would not be that much and if a match was not found and the client wanted to leave after six months a full refund. (that’s open to abuse) but anyway. They plan, background checks, references , inspection of facebook , instagram, and the client will be rated on how willing they are to disclose. First date with a chaperone, second date in their office . I mean I don’t know – I suppose they are taking safety in to account . But sometimes the old ways are the best. I bought myself a record player recently having a great time playing all my old vinyl obviously some of the neighbours and son are not, but do I care. ? Personally, I think I would rather invest in buying another dog at this stage.

3 likes & 42 replies
    • Andy Paddles 29th March 2021 at 6:24 pm

Yogi is there any chance that this agency will be run by these people? If not I’d steer clear!

• Fluff 29th March 2021 at 9:28 pm

My neighbours liked all of the Rock that I was playing loud so much that they put my windows through so that they could hear better ! 😉

• VFP 29th March 2021 at 9:40 pm

I think it could work as online dating may be past its peak. Sounds like a fun idea for a business but it would need to be an improvement over the old dating agencies that online dating replaced.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th March 2021 at 10:10 pm

Just need to know scammers when you see or hear about them almost got involved in to one when I realised I decided to play along with their game and then just at the right moment told him exactly where to stick it😂

• Yogi61 29th March 2021 at 11:18 pm

Good for you ! they make me sick. I had some great fun on Friday I only wish I had recorded it . I had a message that I owed the DWP and if I did not call back and speak to an officer to make a payment I would be arrested. So I thought I would go along with it, so hard not to. laugh it was so pathetic . No credit cards, or debit cards, it had to be a bank transfer. It had to be today or I quote ‘ I would surely be arrested and all my shackles and assets would be frozen.
        So then I got bored and asked him if they accepted peanuts and he hung up on me. RUDE ! I got an email today from DVLA this time that my car tax has expired which is odd as I only renewed it for 12 months in January, also I have the TV licensing one to deal with. Im not going to bother I really do have better things to do with my time.
        Going back to dating I believe in what my dear old Mum used to say.
        ‘ What’s for you, won’t go by you ! ‘ sometimes when I think of some of the boyfriends I had I wish to God they had gone by me.

• Giulia 5th April 2021 at 12:47 am

These dating apps sell these palliative loves. you do very well to buy what you like. I have two friends who met their husbands on one site though, it’s like finding a white fly or a needle in a haystack.

• Andy Paddles 30th March 2021 at 7:19 am

Sadly Alive the world has too many scammers and chancers. I think you need to keep your wits about you but at the same time remember there are so many positive people and opportunities out there! 😉

• loislane 30th March 2021 at 2:14 pm

I like the pc scammers myself, when they tell you they’re from Microsoft, and you need to go on your PC right away etc

• Gill B 30th March 2021 at 2:14 pm

Ahh you have a new photo. Lovely. Good to see you smiling too!!

I think I’ll just stick to being me and see who might cross my path. I’ll find friends along the way to go out for meal or cinema with. May not be the same thing as having someone to spend special days with, but I’ll have fun anyway!

• Toni Samantha 30th March 2021 at 3:56 pm

I did try the dating sites and never again, they were awful. I’d like to think I will just meet someone by chance, but how do you start up a conversation with a complete stranger? I’m a bit shy with strangers and wouldn’t know what to say 😊

• Yogi61 30th March 2021 at 4:07 pm

No seriously though just ask for help – ask an opinion. Then ask about them – I have so many people ask a question about my dog – normally a stupid one like. Is that your dog ? Is it a German Shepherd and Does he bite ? But I find they really want to tell me all about their dog and them – there is one guy I know his complete life story 😊

• VFP 30th March 2021 at 5:17 pm

Don’t know much about Carry On films – don’t think they were around in Canada when they came out. Or maybe not allowed!

• VFP 30th March 2021 at 7:00 pm

Very funny, naughty laugh!

• Yogi61 30th March 2021 at 8:09 pm

There were plans to remake the films in 2019 but I haven’t heard since, I imaged Covid put paid to that. We used to tease my Dad (r.i.p.) that he was like Sid James he didn’t laugh often but when he did it was infectious too.

• spooky 4th April 2021 at 10:57 pm

I tried many dating agencies but not no more – for several reasons i went off them . For a start they are just interested in making money out of you – you pay a joining fee to view the cast of the walking dead ! and then they still don`t give you the tools to meet anyone as you need to buy these gifts and then you are asked to write an icebreaker and a starting wink which was send to a vast number of clients in which none were suited to me ! anyone who did look rather appropriate and attractive turn out to be a scammer – plenty of fish for example should be renamed plenty of scammers – internet dating is no better – you get more scammers and there is also find a partner on a site called next door because it does not cost anything and got a load of unsuitable offers in my inbox that were just interested in having a romp which is not what i am looking for !

• Giulia 5th April 2021 at 12:46 am

These dating apps sell these palliative loves. you do very well to buy what you like. I have two friends who met their husbands on one site though, it’s like finding a white fly or a needle in a haystack.

• Pwllgigi 5th April 2021 at 9:03 am

I’m a puppy grandma me an my daughter went half. Better company an so loving

• Paula’splace 5th April 2021 at 11:17 am

Omg ! sooo beautiful enjoy x

• Paula’splace 5th April 2021 at 11:18 am

I can confirm best friend you will ever have.

• Pwllgigi 5th April 2021 at 1:08 pm

I know had a lab for 14 yrs said I’d never get another lost him 16 months ago but my daughter talked me around she lives with her so I have the best of both worlds now. Best thing I’ve done x

Add