Home Forums General Covid tests

Anonymous User (no longer active) Posted 5 months ago
Covid tests

Has anyone else found it difficult to take one of these tests at home by themselves? I am pretty sure l have a cold but thought of doing a test to make sure. However when looking into the mirror l was unable to see my tonsils as my tongue got in the way. To see my tonsils l used torch but my tongue was still in the way. I live one with no-one to assist me. I am pretty certain l have a cold but felt l ought to check.

1 like & 7 replies
    • Judes 25th March 2022 at 9:21 am

All the recent covid tests only ask you to put the test stick in your nose so don’t have to put it down your throat any more!

• Mandy R 26th March 2022 at 9:38 am

Several people I know have thought they had a cold til they tested positive, so do try and test. If you struggle with the throat bit, just swab your nose.. grim too, but a bit easier! I hope you’re ok and feeling chipper again really soon.

• Starbright 26th March 2022 at 11:07 am

Don’t know why but I thought I would give myself a test at home – thought it was a mild cold – shock when it came back positive. Tried again this morning and test confirmed. Tried to ring and report [yesterday and today] on 119. 20 -25 minutes later still hanging on to speak to someone. Went on line this morning to report.
      Meanwhile make sure to gargle with warm salt water and drink plenty of fluids.

• Dorothea 26th March 2022 at 5:43 pm

Don’t worry about it too much. I think you’re trying too hard. Forget the mirror. Just open your mouth. Aim the swab (on one side of your mouth) at the top of your throat and go back til ut tickles or makes you splutter. Then do the other side.

As others say, there are different versions of swab tests. I’ve still got a throat and nose version, but most are just nose now. If you’re not happy, order a new box.

• I am 22 years old I love sports and coo 12th April 2022 at 1:01 pm

I know many people can’t take the test by themselves at home and need help.

• John 64 12th April 2022 at 1:23 pm

Before having these bloody jabs I hardly ever got Ill, already twice thrice year I’ve had weeks long coughing, still have one now 4 weeks in, none of my kids and three friends had the jab, they’re all fine and in good health, me and my partner both took the two jabs, both ill twice, both keep reading negative. Something is not right. We’re coming to what we think is the end, let’s hope so!

• Meliska 18th April 2022 at 3:03 pm

I know many people can’t take the test by themselves at home and need help. As far as I know, the https://www.centerofadvancedwellness.com/ might help you with this problem. Also, their website is one of the most information related to covid from what I have found, and if you look on their website, I am sure you’ll find all the answers you need. On top of that, I think it’s important if you have already taken a test in a health center and you know what you are supposed to feel. It was the most helpful to obtain accurate results at home.

Add