Home Forums Jobs & Careers Couldn’t find a relevant job according to my profession. I am a medical adoctor

Add comment

• Couldn’t find a relevant job according to my profession. I am a medical adoctor

Posted by shah.mahmood.nasiri
Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Reply by Helen Burns

Hi Shah Mahmood.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with your job hunt, despite being a medical doctor. Naturally, not knowing your specific circumstances, it’s difficult to suggest possible strategies. What can be helpful is deconstructing your experience in terms of skills, strengths and personal attributes and seeing what other roles might find value in them. For example, as a medical doctor, you will be comfortable with scientific information. If you also have strong writing skills, these could be combined into scientific or medical writing. Similarly, your key strength as a doctor might be your love of people and desire to help – and those traits are important in many caring professions. Or, you could decide that now is the time to try something completely new. Maybe you’ve always had a secret desire to be a carpenter or a plumber. If so, look into what retraining options are available to you.

Hopefully, this community and the Rest Less website can bring you some support, ideas and inspiration.

Viewing 0 reply threads