Home Forums General Congratulations Restkess on the article about wone...

• Congratulations Restkess on the article about wonens unemployment

Brilliant article

Would have also been good to question if it is morally right to keep us working for so long and how this affects youth unemployment. Are we stealing our grandchildrens jobs?

Overall though it great to see someone highlighting our plight

Attachments:
    Posted by vaughanpauline
    • Reply by MORENOCH1

sorry to say what is a 65 year old woman doing still working, if you meant working out as to exercise-fine. if secular work, when are they going to have a break then. When are the thousands of youngsters finishing schooling going to start working if pensioners are still in service at ’65’.

• Reply by Mags

Many women of 65 are not yet ‘pensioners’, much as they’d like to be!

• Reply by vaughanpauline

That is the point, and it’s not just that they would ‘like’ to be it is because they ‘need’ to be.

• Reply by Gw

I agree.

• Reply by MORENOCH1

I KNOW. WHY ARE 65 OLDS SENT OUT TO WORK WHILE YOUNGER GENERATIONS AREN’T? BY THE TIME THEY RETIRE AFTER THAT 65, NO STRENGHT TO ENJOY THE LABOUR. YES PEOPLE LIVE LONGER BUT NOT HEALTHIER. PAIN COMES WITH OLD AGE

I’d agree.
          But do they not see that because of modern technology we are never going to have 100 percent employment.
          It must be better for society to have non working older people than unemployed young people as younger people have more energy and can riot and cause other social problems, while we older people are more likely to engage in socially useful activities like voluntary work.

Why do politicians never have basic common sense. As someone said recently on the radio, Borises degree is in Ancient Greek, what good is that in the real world?

• Reply by Lindaxyz

It’s all Greek to me !!!! 😀😀😀

• Reply by Gw

Find this statement confusing…are these women retired or waiting for pension age? I would be more interested in knowing how many women between 60 and 65 are unemployed.

If you Google the article you will get more of the story.
        I’m afraid that because of my age I’ve not got the technology skills to post a link for the full story, Google won’t let me send a link to here.

It’s a very interesting and well researched article

• Reply by Donaldb8842

Very brave! good for you though x

• Reply by hell.fenn

It is purely so they don’t have to pay benefits to women caught in this waiting for government pension game. If they have no capital they would have to claim benefits whereas school leavers would get minimal benefit if any at all. Also some are choosing to stay at work after they are receiving the government pension purely because they enjoy it and have got used to going out to lunch. In my view this should not be allowed. They only pay tax once they are past retirement age, they do not have any other stoppages which makes another reason the youngsters should get the jobs as they would contribute to the government with NI payments. The youngsters are our future.

• Reply by MORENOCH1

VERY TRUE. “THE YOUNGSTERS SHOULD GET THE JOB AS THEY WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THE GOVERNMENT WITH NI PAYMENTS”. THAT IS WHY SENDING 60-65 OUT TO WORK, WOULDN’T ALLOW THE YONGSTERS TO MAKE USE OF THEIR FRESH SKILLS, ESPECIALLY IN TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIAL LEVEL, WHEN THE OLDER ONES (60-65YRS) OCCUPY THE WORKPLACES.

FOR EXAMPLE, QUALIFIED IN BANKING AND FINANCE AND IN OFFICE ADMINISTRATION, BUT FOR THE PAST 20YEARS PLUS, DID CARE WORK- FIRST JOB THAT COULD DO DUE TO PRESSURE FROM THE JOBCENTRE THEN. NOW WITH HEALTH PROBLEM, CAN’T DO CARE WORK ANYMORE. TO GET BACK TO ORIGINAL CAREER IN BANKING AND FINANCE WILL MEAN TO LEARN FROM THE SCRATCH SINCE THINGS ARE DIFFERENT TO TIME WHEN QUALIFIED.
        WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES- TO SPEND TIME IN EDUCATION AND NOT USE SKILLS ON TIME.
        OUR YOUNGSTERS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ENHANCE THEIR SKILLS WHEN ITS STILL FRESH AND USEFUL. OLD OUT, YOUNG IN!

Agree completely.

Also not employing youngsters would makes them resentful, excluded from society leading to vandalism and social unrest with all the associated costs.

Add