Home Forums Photography Combining art and advertising

• Combining art and advertising

I shot this for a prestige car dealer. My brief was to photograph their stock and to make the image turn some heads in a single shot! So no pressure then.

It was a frosty morning and a car prep to remove the ice covering each vehicle was not possible. So I decided an aerial image would do the trick. All the stock photographed to produce an image that would get looked at.

Think it worked rater well!

Drone: DJI Inspire 2
    Gimbal: DJI Zenmuse X5S
    Lens: Olympus 45mm MFT
    Height: 120 ft

Attachments:
    Posted by Daral
    • Reply by carmelcotter

Shot looks very well thought out. Like it

• Reply by Daral

Thanks Carmel, I appreciate it. I’ll PM you soon.

• Reply by Anonymous User

Thats brilliant Daral what it achieved with a hover craft? Ha ha I mean drone!!!!

• Reply by Daral

Thank you Lexi, I appreciate your comment. As you will see from the info I included, the actual method used was by drone.

I am a CAA authorised, qualified and legal drone pilot. So have the ability to shoot from different perspectives if necessary.

Lucky you. like photography I learned a lot when I went to a lecture on it. I especially like photographing and painting portraits

• Reply by Daral

Glad you enjoyed your lectures. I used to teach photography at a local college and always liked to hear my students enjoyed their lessons!

Have you any of your previous work you’d like to share on here? I’ve always thought I’d like to be able to paint but have never picked up a brush yet. I’ve got all the gear, but no idea!! Did you teach yourself or have some element of formal training?

I havent many, but when I find the one that I got a prize for will post it. I was a nigh time shot when we were in New York. The portrait is of my late husband, so would prefer not to download that. I went to night school for painting, and was mostly taught how to use my eyes. But I am mostly self taught.

• Reply by Daral

Thank you, we’d love to see your work. Night-time images can be quite atmospheric and that you took it in NY is the icing on the cake!

I can assure you that nobody on here will want you to share private images, just images you are happy sharing.

Once things get back to some sort of normality, I must have a look at some form of tuition in painting/drawing. Although I haven’t a clue as to what medium yet ie: oils, pastels, watercolours etc. I think I’d like to try mixed media of some sort.

I wonder if using my eyes in painting/drawing bears any resemblance to the way I use my eyes for photography. Interesting.

I am using acrylic paint. Its easy to use and it dries quickly. Th night photo bears no resemblance to NY, all the others that entered did though. I will se if I can find it tomorrow – it was just a sentry shed on the quayside.
          Yes I should think that using your eyes to see where the light comes from and what shadows you want also the perspective counts a lot too doesnt it when taking photos. With painting- tomorrow, just take a look at the sky and count how many different colours and hues you can see. When you are drawing several items it is easier to draw the space between them than each object separately. That sort of thing.

• Reply by Daral

Look forward to seeing your work – especially as you’ve described it because I now have no pre-conceived idea of what that would look like! Ha!

You’re quite right about using your eyes to see light and perspective. I like to work with perspective. It allows the viewer to see everyday objects from different angles and with fresh eyes.

What substrate do you like to use your acrylic paints on and are there any particular YouTube videos you would recommend?

Ok Will look for that photo today.
          Utube” David Jansen Acrylic landscape studies Alla Prima part 1 and part 2″ .
          David is an excellent teacher.

• Reply by Daral

Thank you Lexi, much appreciated. I’ll defo look him up

• Reply by Lady K

I love that shot. Very arty indeed.

• Reply by Daral

Thank you Lady K, much appreciated

• Reply by Lady K

You’re welcome 🙂

• Reply by Merlot

Would make a good poster wall art

• Reply by Daral

Thanks Merlot, I appreciate your kind comment

• Reply by Merlot

I would love this as a poster for my car mad grandson!

• Reply by Daral

I print large format too, so if you want anything printed, just DM me.
        Thanks

• Reply by Merlot

Ooo yes please A5?

• Reply by Daral

Please DM me ad address to send it? Do not put an address on here on public display!
        Thanks

Add