Home Forums Family & Relationships Christmas day 2020

Coast66 Posted 2 years ago
Christmas day 2020

Will you be seeing elderly parents on Christmas day?

1 like & 11 replies
    • Caroline0359 4th December 2020 at 3:08 pm

Sadly no. Both my parents have passed away

• alisonjibson 4th December 2020 at 3:56 pm

Yes indeed – they wouldn’t miss it!

• Sue47 4th December 2020 at 4:12 pm

I am the elderly parent/grandparent/great-grandparent! Will be having Christmas day dinner with my immediate family plus 2 great-grandchildren then leaving as soon as is polite. I’m classified clinically extremely vulnerable and it’s going to be terribly hard not to hug each other or cuddle the babies so to lessen temptation I’ll come home after dinner. On the positive side it’s far better than some will have.

• Lizzyjin 5th December 2020 at 10:03 am

I will be volunteering with Crisis on Christmas Day. Some of them might be old but don’t think any are relatives!

• mel 7th December 2020 at 10:38 am

Yes, I will be – they’ve missed their grandchildren so much over the past year I don’t I could keep them away.

• mel 22nd December 2020 at 9:03 am

Sadly the latest announcement has changed this, so we’ll no longer be able to see parents. Both they and us are totally gutted.

• TC Pyke 7th December 2020 at 1:59 pm

We have planned to invite my in laws over on Christmas day. It will be a good get occasion.

• TC Pyke 21st December 2020 at 1:21 pm

With the latest announcement from the MP, Reading categorized as Tier 4, so Christmas Day gathering is cancelled. It will be a quiet Christmas with lots of food! 🙂

• AnnB 7th December 2020 at 6:57 pm

My family are being safe and all staying in their own homes this year for dinner. We will have drinks and some fun over Zoom 😜

• Grapes 20th December 2020 at 8:54 am

Hi yes with my son wife and 2 grandchildren looking forward to seeing them x

Add