Home Forums Bereavement Celebration Memory Board – Let’s name the...

Mo001 Posted 3 months ago
Celebration Memory Board – Let’s name the person (relationship they were to you) and what made them special đź’ś
3 likes & 10 replies
    • Mo001 4th November 2021 at 4:40 pm

My older brother Stuart, passed aged 35. What made him special was his ability to embrace life and even when faced with negativity, he could always turn it around. He always had time for family/friends and made sure that everyone was doing ok.

I was blessed to have Stuart in my life đź’ś

• loislane 4th November 2021 at 9:55 pm

My Uncle Jim, who always thought of me as a person, he was kind, thoughtful, gentle as a lamb. Went through the war and got menieres disease.
      He was a master carpenter and taught juvenile delinquents a trade and craft.
      He never forgot to send a gift on my birthday or at Christmas and often wrote to me.
      Sadly he passed away in 1987 due to bronchial pneumonia, and I’ve inherited those respiratory conditions. Wonderful man.

• Staying Alive 4th November 2021 at 10:13 pm

My grandad. A pharmacist back in India even had his own pharmacy. Then came to England with my father in the early 60s and worked in J. Lyons factory always bring some delicious cakes home. Always ready to help others in need. He went to church, he went to the seek temple, He went to the Jewish temple he, even went to the Hindus. Never putting anyone down. He would take his clothes to charity shops. He wrote poetry sadly it was written on in Urdu, as Urdu is written right to left and difficult to translate so I can’t read his work.He also did a biography of a young Indian lad who was serving a prison sentence. Famous in his own community for the work of his poetry that he did and was often on radio. Lived to a ripe age of 98 and was able to walk on aided determined always .
      I I have started to follow his footsteps to poetry myself.

• Chojo 4th November 2021 at 10:16 pm

My dad, I never really got to know him as I was only 13 when he died but he taught me to be kind, he taught me respect people until they gave me a reason not too and he taught me that no matter how hard things get there’s always someone worse off than you so be thankful for what you have.

• Dennis 4th November 2021 at 10:20 pm

My Wife Sharon, an incredible lady, strong, intelligent, witty and so so positive even in the face of living for 12 years with terminal cancer and all that that entailed.
      She had a way with people that made them instantly warm to her, I am still now and have always been in awe of her, she was beautiful inside and out and I was so lucky to have held her love.

• Linpap 5th November 2021 at 12:20 am

My husband Steve don’t really know where to start he was a thoroughly nice person but with a very wicked dry sense of humour, he was kind to everyone around him but could always see the funny or daft side of things he was very athletic and competitive but in a gentlemanly way he loved sport he loved the great outdoors he loved his family and friends and he loved me and of course I loved him he was so full of life always cheerful and positive and with so many plans for the future still can’t quite believe he was taken so suddenly and unexpectedly

• loislane 5th November 2021 at 12:48 am

Beautiful stories of beautiful people,x

• Blackcat2 5th November 2021 at 8:57 pm

My partner John who passed away in June 2020. He was the love of my life. He supported me through health issues of my own and made my life a much happier and better place to be. He was simply the best. ❤

• VFP 6th November 2021 at 7:07 am

My husband Jon who passed away in July 2020. He was an exceptional man and a wonderful partner. I could write a book about him and perhaps I will one day. What made him special? He just cared so much about people and nature. He was a healer, a gifted physician and scientist who stood up to powerful bullies, poor practice and corruption. He was an avid birdwatcher and he could spend ages discussing plants and flowers. He was kind, considerate, caring, wise, funny, and I felt so secure in his love. Bereavement has been tough but I am left with the knowledge that I have been blessed for having known him.

• Hestia 6th November 2021 at 11:41 am

My ex-husband, Den. He died aged 57 in September 2021, after an 8 week battle against a vicious cancer. We were divorced 9 years ago, but we were more like brother and sister, to the amusement of our only child and our new partners. I cooked his dinner every night for five years and even chose his shirts when he began dating again! He told me he had terminal cancer before he told his girlfriend and even in his last days, we both said “I still love you”.
      Family doesn’t have to mean blood related. It’s the people who cherish you on a daily basis, when they don’t have to.
      I’m with the love of my life now, but Den was my friend/family for 25 years and I’m heartbroken at his brutally fast death. Life for me and our son will never be the same again. Rest easy now, Den. You are loved and remembered xxx

Add