Home Forums Book Club Book group

Kleinrules Posted 5 months ago
Book group

A couple of days ago I asked if there was as an online reading group here. Apparently not! Somebody suggested I start one! After a bit of thought,It seems worth trying .My plan would be to mimic a real time book club only on Zoom. We’d meet one e a month and share our thoughts etc about a book we’d previously chosen.
Anyone else interested?
Yours
Terry Burridge (aka Kleinrules)

8 likes & 49 replies
    • Janet B 3rd January 2022 at 9:32 pm

Interested. I’ve just joined Rest Less & hoped to find a book club

• Pete01 4th January 2022 at 9:03 am

Yes I would try at least I would have to read a book.

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:02 pm

Thanks Pete I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        It seems to m that we can do either. But I promise to keep you informed.
        Yours
        Terry

• Gary K 4th January 2022 at 9:44 am

Yes. I help to run a weekly closed membership online Book Club for a charity called Pumping Marvelous (Heart Failure patients), but would like to be just a ‘normal’ member of something I’m not committed to as an organizer. When I have authors on as guests, I occasionally post the video links (agreed with Restless admin – Gaetano) on here and the Facebook Group after we’ve done our live broadcast.

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:03 pm

Thanks Gary I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• jaqui 5th January 2022 at 12:09 pm

Yes I’d be interested

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Jacqui. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• HevF 5th January 2022 at 1:10 pm

I’d be interested

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:04 pm

Thanks Hev. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• PurpleGal 6th January 2022 at 12:37 pm

Yep, I’m interested.

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:05 pm

Thanks Purple Gal. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Kleinrules 6th January 2022 at 1:33 pm

Good to hear there’s an appetite for a book group😃 I’m working out how Zoom works then I’ll post more details,
      Watch this space!

• YorkshireRose 7th January 2022 at 4:47 pm

Hi, Yes I would be interested in joining an online bookclub. I’m ok with Zoom.

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:06 pm

Thanks Yorkshire Rose. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Dead Poet 7th January 2022 at 7:44 pm

Yes i would be interested 👍🏼

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:07 pm

Thanks Dead Poet. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Yessica 7th January 2022 at 10:30 pm

Yes i am interested

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Yessica. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Nigelartist 8th January 2022 at 8:21 am

I’m in!

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:08 pm

Thanks Nigel Artist. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• KRJ 10th January 2022 at 9:05 am

Yes I’m interested

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:09 pm

Thanks KRJ. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Colin in Kent 10th January 2022 at 4:09 pm

I’d be interested too, although it would depend on the selected titles!

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:10 pm

Thanks Colin. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Deb T 10th January 2022 at 6:32 pm

I’m interested

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:11 pm

Thanks Deb. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Izza 10th January 2022 at 8:26 pm

Yes sounds great

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Izza I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• klausfelix 12th January 2022 at 7:34 pm

I help to run a weekly closed membership online Book Club for a charity called Pumping Marvelous Heart Failure patients, but would like to be just a ‘normal’ member of something I’m not committed to as an organizer.

When I have authors on as guests, I occasionally post the video links agreed with Restless admin Gaetano on here and the Facebook Group after we’ve done our live broadcast.
      —————————————————-
      https://www.firstmotionproducts.com/

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:12 pm

Thanks Klaus. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• peterjameslittle41 17th January 2022 at 5:35 pm

Yes I am interested in a book. Club

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:13 pm

Thanks Peter. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• SharonGau 17th January 2022 at 6:48 pm

Yes I would be interested in a book club

• Kleinrules 17th January 2022 at 7:14 pm

Thanks Sharon. I’m in the process of clearing the idea with Restless Management about “ownership” of the group. The question seems to. be are we going to be part of the restless community or an independent group?
        Yours
        Terry

• Joannaissleeping 17th January 2022 at 7:57 pm

Yes I am interested too !

• eliotoscar 18th January 2022 at 3:58 pm

I asked if there was as an online reading group here. Apparently not! Somebody suggested I start one! After a bit of thought,It seems worth trying.

I help to run a weekly closed membership online Book Club for a charity called Pumping Marvelous Heart Failure patients, but would like to be just a ‘normal’ member of something I’m not committed to as an organizer.

http://redrocklandscape.com/

• BrenB 24th January 2022 at 8:48 am

I’d be interested

• GrannyDidge 26th January 2022 at 4:39 pm

Hi. I would definitely be interested. I currently run a book club, so could pass on any advice.

• MikeJ 26th January 2022 at 8:00 pm

Hi I would be interested.

• LunaSky 26th January 2022 at 8:09 pm

Yes definitely interested 🤗

• Kleinrules 1st February 2022 at 4:49 pm

So, the Rest Less website doesn’t have a facility to hold a book group on here, but we can set up the first meeting on here and also the first book we will read. That should take some time and discussion. I can set up a Zoom meeting when we’ve agreed a time and date. Can I get suggestions from you all for when would be the most convenient time: morning, afternoon, evening? The most convenient day: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday (I’m putting a bid in for NOT weekends!)? Then we can sort out a book to read when we have a time and date. So get your thinking caps on for a good read that you’d like to try or which you could recommend. And please reply with your preferred times and dates so that we can try to cater for the most number.

• Malley 2nd February 2022 at 9:21 am

I would like to be in on the zoom meetings please. I don’t mind if it’s during the week as long as it’s not school pick up times, 2.30 – 3.30 or in the evenings. I am looking forward to it. Thank you for organising it.

• Flufff 2nd February 2022 at 2:08 pm

Yeah, what’s the latest? 🙂

• PurpleGal 2nd February 2022 at 5:52 pm

Afternoon would be best for me, any day but Friday, but you’re never going to please everyone so just go with the majority and the rest of us will try to fit in.

Add