Home Forums Music Biographies

Deleted User Posted 1 year ago
Biographies

Is there anyone out there with a love / appreciation for the songs / music of Kevin Coyne, Lesley Duncan or Duncan Browne? I ask because I’m contemplating writing biographies of all of them, in that order…….

1 like & 11 replies
    • Deleted User 18th May 2021 at 12:33 pm

Never heard of them.

• Damayanthi 18th May 2021 at 12:44 pm

I’ve never heard of them

• Tennyson 123 18th May 2021 at 12:55 pm

Sorry never heard of them.

• Deleted User 18th May 2021 at 1:02 pm

This is not looking good from a sales point of view.

• George W 18th May 2021 at 1:37 pm

Got into Kevin Coyne years ago when listening to John Peel ( a favourite of his along with Kevin Ayers who I got confused with for some reason as they both sounded so different )in the 70s ….”Marlene” still in my top 100 .

Good luck with the project .

• Deleted User 18th May 2021 at 3:00 pm

Good to hear from you, and thanks. Both KC’s band Siren and KC himself were on John Peel’s Dandelion label many moons back (pre-Virgin in fact) I’ve currently got KC’s son Eugene and his one-time guitarist Brian Godding on board for something on KC, which I plan on pitching to Strange Attractor Press, who recently published Rose Simpson’s book about her time with The Incredible String Band. I figure they’ll be sympathetic……

• George W 18th May 2021 at 8:42 pm

Interesting stuff and had forgotten about JP’s Dandelion label .

• Deleted User 19th May 2021 at 12:31 pm

I figure the “joys” of Facebook might yield something on the Dandelion front, although I think JP’s partner in the label Clive Sellwood is no longer with us either. By odd coincidence I’ve currently got to review an album by Lol Coxhill, who was also on the label. Wheels within wheels eh?

• Nick Tilling 18th May 2021 at 4:05 pm

I have heard of all three but not in any great depth – just as part of the whole plethora of alt. 70s people. Didn’t Rose Simpson end up being Lady Mayoress of Aberystwyth – a far cry from Woodstock.

Add