Home Forums Health Anyone on here has ‘dry’ macular degeneration,...

• Anyone on here has ‘dry’ macular degeneration, if so would like to hear from you and how you deal with it!

Posted by Maximus
    • Reply by Trish734

Hi. I’ve been living with dry MD now for five years. There is all sorts of support available. Four years ago I attended the Macular Society’s annual conference in London. I’ve also volunteered for twelve moths as a hostess at the local Plymouth Sensory Solutions. I belong to a group on Facebook. I also blog on the subject. I don’t consider myself an expert on the science of it, but I do consider myself as an expert on living with it. So if you have any questions or want a discussion I’d be pleased to join in.

• Reply by Nikkir

Hello there – I live in uk. I discovered a few years ago at a regular eye test that I’m developing macular degeneration in one eye. I’ve seen the graph. My mother had manukau degeneration and went almost blind in the late 70’s. It is a big fear of mine, and at the moment I take capsules to help my sight, hopefully. Can you tell me the support group on Facebook please? Nikki

• Reply by Optimistic

Hi I have heard taking vitamin C everyday may help?

• Reply by Trish734

Study the facts. Vitamin on its own is good for all round health. But first make any difference for MD I’m afraid.

• Reply by Optimistic

I know Vitamins are good all rounders and should have realised you would know. I hope you fine something that helps a little

• Reply by Trish734

The Facebook group is Macular Matters. UK friendship group for MD. if you google the title and click on it, you will be put straight through.

• Reply by Trish734

Diet and supplements can help. But it cannot be measured. However I do have a very healthy diet. Lots of green veg included helps. But if you want supplements make sure you take the best. The Facebook group is very helpful for this. And of course we can bring more people’s awareness to this condition through our group in here.

• Reply by Trish734

I can see that I need to start using Siri a little more. So many errors that I hadn’t noticed now that I’m reading my replies on my iPad, instead of my phone!🤣

Add