Home Forums Music Anyone on here been in a band? Let’s see you...

Fluff Posted 1 year ago
Anyone on here been in a band? Let’s see your pics! Recorded anything that may be on You Tube? :)
16 likes & 49 replies
    • Josie The Black Country Wench 8th April 2021 at 5:29 pm

My hubby Dave was a singer songwriter in the 60s/70s. Played folk clubs in London, Soho and other venues. He also had a band in the 1980’s they played the pubs, clubs and universities. Sorry don’t have any photos any more.

• Lovetohelp 8th April 2021 at 5:38 pm

Not in a band, but my sister and I used to sing a lot together, I was Donny and she was Marie 🤣. We also wrote our own song just for fun…..🤣👍🏽

• Fluff 8th April 2021 at 8:09 pm

Great, that’s what it’s all about ! 🙂

• Deleted User 8th April 2021 at 8:33 pm

I sang Little Red Rooster for a pub band a few times 1967 I think.

I’d have been fifteen and had a deepening voice even then which everyone said was brilliant for the blues.

Trouble is hitting a note seems to be a far off dream though I haven’t given up yet.

I have about thirty five tunes posted up on Reverbnation one of which has me trying yet again to sing but this time it was just for a laugh.

I had come across an American guy with a very high pitched voice and I said you should try a Bee Gees number with a voice like that and he said you should try a Tom Waits or Leonard Cohen song with a voice like that!

That’s how it happened and it turned out his squeaking was worse than my growling!

I use a MIDI keyboard piano synth etc and a little guitar and a little drums books buckets bottles bells whistles microphones whisky and so on.

I use loops and make most of them myself so yes I’m using computer and a lot of software which I love.

It means multi tracking and being a full on one man electronic band is possible.

Genres? I haven’t a clue most of the time. The only genre I’ve ever been interested in is did I enjoy it?

It’s only rock n roll but I like it.

Don’t laugh to loudly when you hear my rather rough as broken glass and boulders tuneless attempt at singing……. https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband/song/27170890-jack-sings-lenny-faster-and-rougher

• Fluff 8th April 2021 at 8:45 pm

How did you talk Captain Black into recoding a sesh? 🙂

• Carol.L 8th April 2021 at 8:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQC2BG9EZQ a song written and sung by my brother when he was in a band called Two Bob Millionaires in W. Australia.

• Fluff 8th April 2021 at 8:42 pm

Woah, diggin’ it. West Coast (usa) ’60’s groove goin’ on, Kind of Mamma’s & Pappa’s thing going on with the harmonies. 🙂

• Deleted User 8th April 2021 at 8:52 pm

I forgot I do have a YouTube channel no singing though.

• Fluff 8th April 2021 at 9:00 pm

Are you a fan of ‘ The Comic Strip’? Put’sme in mind of Rik’s band on there. 🙂

• StevieV 9th April 2021 at 12:50 pm

Been in quite a few bands over the years (Rock, punk, soul, Indie) and nowadays (lock-down permitting) play acoustic with a mate in local bars. How about you? Are you an active musician? If you are, there’s a few FB groups you could join to post your music videos. Let me know if you’re interested. This was our ‘big’ single (sold all of 44 copies I think!)

• Fluff 9th April 2021 at 4:31 pm

The sound of ’77! Great bit of Punk, Did John Peel ever play it? Sure he would have liked it. Not currently playing myself but always thinking about it. Did do a few video’s back in the ’80’s but I don’t know the process of getting them on You Tube & also don’t know if I should copyright the original songs that I wrote, Also, did a couple of covers. Again, don’t know what the law/rules are regarding this type of thing? Do have 1 track of a local rock compilation album that is on You Tube. Don’t know who put it on. Good idea to do the acoustic thing. I discussed doing same with a bud before covid. 🙂

• StevieV 9th April 2021 at 4:41 pm

JP did play it once actually, as did Charlie Gillett, but that as close to notoriety as we got. You should probably copyright your compositions, not that they’ll make you any money (unless they get ripped off by someone else who does make money from them – in which case you can sue for breach of copyright!). As for covers, in theory we’re supposed to inform PRS if we intend to play them live for a paying audience – I don’t know of anyone who’s ever done that though.

• Fluff 9th April 2021 at 5:46 pm

Just been reading up on copywriting. Apparently, it’s yours from the moment you write it down! No, I don’t know anyone that has followed the covers process,either. Great that you had your tune played on Radio 1 ! 🙂

• Nickie 20th April 2021 at 10:39 am

Hi.. Yes me, I have just started a Youtube channel featuring my music. I have posted a few songs and will be posting more in the next few days. If you like romantic, melodic music, then you may like mine. Currently there are just songs there but I will also soon be posting some of my relaxing and not so relaxing piano solo pieces. Hope you like them if you get a chance to listen and of course if you do, do feel free to subscribe! :-). You may even be my first subscriber!
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZb4yKZCwuEI4lYINkQBkg

• Fluff 20th April 2021 at 4:13 pm

Angelic ! Transported to the 16th century listening to the melodies of ‘Choose a Life & The Song in my Heart. Nice harmonies on Silence in Springtime. Well done, Nickie. Take a bow. 🙂

• Gary H 17th July 2021 at 2:47 pm

Me on Guitar, far right circa 1990. Band was called Point Blank. We did the pub and working men’s club circuit for many years. Good times

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th August 2021 at 5:09 pm

Yup. Played bass in a prog band (Also Eden). Here’s one of our tracks. Miss them, they’re still going but I live too far away to keep it going.

• John D Hastings 1st September 2021 at 12:20 pm

I was in a band from the North East called The Stilettos: here I am in the front, lead singer, when we were signed for one single by Ariola (BMG) Records. I haven’t got the hair though still wear the shoes! Check out my You Tube channel John D Hastings where I am releasing the same single again soon, 42 years later!

• Leo_ 1st September 2021 at 12:55 pm

Hi John ,

I just had to look it up on YouTube.

If it’s “This is the way” then I loved it .

As an old punk rocker , it was just up my street.

Now I’ve got your song playing in my head all day 😂

This is the way we are made up ,
        This is the way it’s meant to be
        😃

• John D Hastings 1st September 2021 at 1:57 pm

Yes that’s me and the band! Glad you liked it. I’m re-releasing the single end of November, newly recorded and sounding even better! Will post up a promo video nearer the date!😄

• JaneG 2nd September 2021 at 10:44 am

You looked a bit like Geddy Lee from Rush! 🤣🤟

• Flixster 4th October 2021 at 10:30 pm

Yep and still gigging with my covers duos most weekends. Buying records and going to gigs wasn’t enough so I started to create electronic music when I was 18 in the mid-80s. I’ve been at it ever since!

• John D Hastings 5th October 2021 at 3:07 pm

Looks like we’re a talented bunch, at least in this forum! I also did a cover of “Love Grows” by Edison Lighthouse with my band The Stilettos, post punk version!! https://soundcloud.com/user-118276638/love-grows-where-my-rosemary-goes Happy music making everyone!

• Flixster 5th October 2021 at 3:25 pm

It has that Rich Kids vibe with some Lydon and Costello thrown in!

• Chi 8th October 2021 at 11:31 pm

Haha! That just made me look for an old (anti-) publicity poster for our Sixth Form band, The Flora Men. Our tag line was “high in polyunsatisfaction”… It was a laugh though!

• TheTJW 12th October 2021 at 12:27 pm

A charity song and video we recorded a few years back…
      https://youtu.be/Tga7CjgwkLY

• My Grandad Invented The Telephone 9th January 2022 at 11:12 am

Perform solo these days. This was taken at a gig in Winchester a year or so ago.

• Blueoliverdog 27th February 2022 at 8:30 am

A covers band that I was in about ten years ago!😊

https://youtu.be/IFIiX6hcKjA

• Dale Hurrell 23rd March 2022 at 11:46 am

I’m in a Bideford band called ‘The Clashnikovs’ – here’s a bit of fun we had following Boris Johnson’s lying to the house…. WARNING… contains bad language….. https://youtu.be/8nT1TwJE0mE

• KDB 11th May 2022 at 11:56 am

I was on TOTP over 30 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2s7b4PbQuo

Seems like a different lifetime now, but good times.

• KDB 11th May 2022 at 11:57 am

PS – I’m the keyboard player in the middle…

Add