Home Forums Travel Anyone know of any singles holidays in Britain tha...

Mommy bear Posted 5 months ago
Anyone know of any singles holidays in Britain that don’t take the micky by charging extra because your traveling alone
4 likes & 21 replies
    • Ship shape 10th January 2022 at 6:38 am

Good morning, I’m struggling to find single holidays in this country that aren’t really expensive for single travellers. Loads of hotel and holiday deals but all based on two people sharing – very frustrating.

• Oh-so-Vintage 10th January 2022 at 8:00 am

hf holidays have certain weeks, or dates, where they don’t charge a single room supplement. They offer all sorts of activities – or none – such as walking, singing, dance, yoga, days out visiting gardens or music events. They also offer ‘solo’ packages, and you can expect to pay around £100 per day which includes a full breakfast, packed lunch, and a full dinner. The nice thing about this company is that you sit where you like and chat with new people during mealtimes, so is a friendly holiday (Covid permitting). The two people sharing has become ridiculous with so many single people in the UK but hotels are still pricing for every room to be double-income. Or, one is offered a single bed! If a fully grown adult can sleep comfortably in a single bed, I’d be surprised. Good luck.

• Oh-so-Vintage 10th January 2022 at 8:01 am

And vjv have ‘no single supplements’ holidays overseas, so if you fancy Italy, Greece etc., they’re worth a look.

• Cheers on toast 10th January 2022 at 9:08 am

Worth a look at Airbnb you often find a stay with someone who is happy for the company and plenty of local knowledge.

• Mommy bear 10th January 2022 at 9:20 am

Thank you

• Deleted User 10th January 2022 at 9:21 am

I have the same problem, I have been looking but so far not found anything for singles. There seems to be a bit of a stigma to single people which I think is wrong, after all we are all human beings.

• Purple boots 10th January 2022 at 10:12 am

Glenton holidays have solo tours. I’m in the same boat and really hate having to pay the single supplement. On some holidays aboard I had to pay nearly double the starting cost of the holiday.

• Mommy bear 10th January 2022 at 10:17 am

Thank you

• Brighton Belle 10th January 2022 at 10:27 am

Have you considered coach holidays they can be exempt from single suppliment certain times of the year ….

• Mommy bear 10th January 2022 at 11:03 am

I will have another look but the ones I looked at last year would still put a extra charge of £75 on thank you

• Annavalerie. 10th January 2022 at 2:50 pm

i think Alfa holidays and national holidays are worth a look.

• Mommy bear 10th January 2022 at 2:55 pm

Thank you

• Seanaster 10th January 2022 at 5:54 pm

I haven’t used them for quite some time now, but you could check out Friendship Travel:https://www.friendshiptravel.com. They offer singles holidays with no single supplement and the hotels they use are quite good. I have done the Canaries, Morocco and a weekend break in Barcelona and they have been good value of money.

• SteveInWales 10th January 2022 at 6:00 pm

This is one of the reasons why I like camping/caravan holidays, and although I usually go abroad for one holiday a year, the rest are usually in the UK where you’re paying a room price or I go camping.

• Smileyday 11th January 2022 at 10:29 pm

I would say Airbnb as I have stayed in some lovely places and at very reasonable prices. I go self catering so look for a place with catering facilities, usually an apartment or house. I prefer city breaks rather than beaches as I like to go walking and exploring. Also Premier Inn do some very reasonable room rates starting around £29 per night per room not per person. You know what your getting with them. Only thing to watch out for is extra charges for car parking as not all have there own.
      Better if you can travel outside school holidays too as much cheaper.

• Arlo116 15th January 2022 at 3:31 pm

Try Onetraveller, Just You and Solo holidays. All are double rooms for single occupancy.

• Mommy bear 15th January 2022 at 5:46 pm

Thank you

Add