5 likes & 13 replies
    • Deleted User 25th October 2021 at 12:29 pm

Let’s
      Hope
      It’s
      Boredom
      🤞🤞

• Robert K 25th October 2021 at 12:32 pm

Good question! I think we all instinctively know how much we can eat each day without putting on weight. Even (for example) 3 x Rich Tea biscuits each day for one month will put on one pound. Not much? After a year it is almost a stone.
      Yes, some days it feels impossible not to snack endlessly. I don’t think it’s a problem now and again though – just annoying.

• Grace Williams 25th October 2021 at 12:45 pm

You may well notice that comes with the changes in the seasons. I naturally put on about half a stone from autumn to winter, then it falls off again spring into summer. I think we have forgotten our natural cycles. Needing the extra body fat for warmth in winter. (I’m coming back in my next life as a bear! 🙂 …Eat for 8 months, get all fat & chunky, sleep for 4 months and wake up all skinny, perfect! lol!!)

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 25th October 2021 at 12:49 pm

Worms don’t make you hungry. So you need not worry about that.

Depression and anxiety, however, do cause snacking (as indeed does smoking cannabis).

I am ashamed to admit to how many Bounty bars and Twirls I go through in a day.

AND before anyone starts lamenting me with the health card, may I say that depression and a desire to die don’t care much about diabetes, heart disease or death. Tooth decay and the pain that accompanies it are a different story.

• Wunderwoman 25th October 2021 at 3:05 pm

Yup, definitely.

• Greenbeen 26th October 2021 at 10:28 am

I’m doing it right now!!!!

• SteveInWales 26th October 2021 at 10:33 am

I have evenings like that, and I’m sure it’s just boredom. If I keep myself busy then I’m OK, but just sat watching tv alone and I keep heading into the kitchen to find something to nibble on. And I deliberately don’t buy crisps, biscuits etc because of that.

• Greenbeen 26th October 2021 at 11:11 am

I’m thinking of going for a walk right now to stop me going for the chocolate or any other nibbles sitting in the fridge.

• Better World 26th October 2021 at 11:15 am

Anyone have days can’t stop snacking. The key is not to let it extend to more than a day in a while. As boredom has been mentioned, a lot of other emotional issues can be the reason without even being aware of them.

• June D 26th October 2021 at 7:06 pm

Hi,yes most days ,my clothes are definitely shrinking in my wardrobe!

• OutdoorPete 26th October 2021 at 7:42 pm

My snack fest usually comes on in the evening after dinner. I’ve tried not getting stuff in but that’s just agony! It’s not hunger, just habit. I’ve found total abstinence is my best way forward. Cravings usually settle down after a day or two.

• Heidi 27th October 2021 at 10:50 am

I sometimes try-
      cup of tea/herbal if evening
      water definately
      bulky low sugar snack eg oatcakes
      engross oneself in something- reading etc.

if all fails my go to- Cheesy Whatsits!

Add