Home Forums Jobs & Careers Anyone going to a job fair

Greyone Posted 7 months ago
Anyone going to a job fair

I have noticed that in-person job fairs are starting up. Has anyone visited one recently and found they have good covid safety measures in place?

14 replies
    • aspie auntie 24th October 2021 at 1:41 pm

I’ve been put off in the past as I’ve felt really hemmed in at some job fairs.

• Greyone 26th October 2021 at 4:41 am

Kow what you mean. Small rooms, too many people inside and out. I’m going to give one a go soon. See if they have improved. Thanks for letting me know how you feel aspie, I appreciate that.

• Chrisdmids 25th October 2021 at 7:43 am

Really? Wow! Mabey stop believing everything you read and stop being scared to leave your house omg

• Greyone 26th October 2021 at 4:38 am

Hi Chris. I’m not going to stop believing everything I read. Just some of the things. Just like here.

I’m not too scared to leave my house. Since covid started I have not been put off going out even if I am EV. But I don’t take too many risks in one go. If I catch it I could pass it on without knowing, like so many. so I do everything possible not to catch it. That shows I care about others.

I like your tone though thanks. Do you still feel frustrated because of the lockdowns?

• Chrisdmids 26th October 2021 at 6:25 am

Not getting it and passing it to someone vulnerable is one thing and responsible but its the constant fear mongering and constant push for everyone to have a vaccine that hasn’t been tested that boils my piss! Im not an anti vaxxer! Just the lies and the fact that you are made to feel like a social outcast that I hate! Not to mention the billions that “they” are making from the vax!
          I still don’t get why anyone would ruin there auto immune system with a dna altering poison when it doesn’t even protect you from what you are taking it for! More deaths now of fully vaxxed than their was from covid! That’s a fact! And more and more countries realising the lockdown and way the science was ignored coming forward. Also hate the fact that they are vaxxing kids who don’t know any better and ignoring prenatal rights! I could go on but no point as the brainwashed people always have an answer.

• Greyone 26th October 2021 at 6:47 pm

No problem. I am interested in your views as a person. forum member and you took the time to reply to my post. So thank you for being all those and more.

• Deleted User 25th October 2021 at 9:48 am

Having lost members of my nuclear family, I’m naturally nervous in crowds, I manage my own risk and now don’t worry about anyone else, it’s their choice not to be careful We all know Covid kills, Lord knows I’ve experienced loss from this virus first hand

I manage my own risk and if unhappy with the environment I’m in, I leave.

• Greyone 26th October 2021 at 4:34 am

Thanks, Debs. I think I want to be on your songsheet. I think you sum things up very well. I think that’s what I should be aiming for.

• Thecareercatalyst.co.uk 29th October 2021 at 7:54 pm

It’s worth looking out for virtual careers fairs. Many recruiters have started to offer these rather than in-person events because of COVID. Worth googling to see what’s available.

• Greyone 31st October 2021 at 7:02 pm

I have done some careers fairs and they can be better from a research perspective. What you say suggests that they are still going on so I will have another look into them. thx

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 29th October 2021 at 11:37 pm

Please excuse my ignorance (and probable stupidity 😳) but I have always looked at job fairs as being for the younger ones. Has anyone had any success at them or are there some that are intended for the more mature population? 😁

• Greyone 31st October 2021 at 7:00 pm

Hi Barney. I guess it depends on what you mean by success. At 59, I still go to them to make progress in my job search. By that I mean gain something such as advice about an aspect of my job search, maybe meet a company to learn about them. At one job fair, I learnt where a company did and didn’t have its IT people for example.
        Whether or not it is a worthwhile investment of time, money, effort I do not know, but if the benefits don’t appear i go less frequently or stop for a while.

• Thecareercatalyst.co.uk 31st October 2021 at 8:13 pm

Many are but some are broader and open to all job seekers. The National Careers Service has a page on Virtual Job fairs and how to make the most of them. CV-library.co.uk has details of some actual events listed in case any are local to you. It’s worth Googling for any local in-person as well as virtual jobs fairs. Good luck!

Add