Home Forums Gardening Anyone found good cat repellent ?

Shirlann Posted 6 months ago
Anyone found good cat repellent ?

Digging in flower pots (think it’s cat’s)😁

27 replies
    • Pops McCarthy 15th February 2022 at 10:20 am

Try covering the soil with pebbles and stones. Cats can’t dig and they help the soil retain moisture. So I read.

• Robert K 15th February 2022 at 10:32 am

This also works – cut to size around the plant.

• Pennypitstop 15th February 2022 at 11:39 pm

GGGGRRRRRR it makes me so mad when I come across cat poo in the garden, I bought a cat scarer and it does seem to help. Also I sprinkle chilli powder over the garden, that seemed to help too but doesnt last long. dog owners would get fined for letting their dog foul but cat owners don’t care, I think cats should have to be kept in their own garden…it can be done my MIL has a cat fence and her cat cannot get out. Theres nothing worse than happily gardening and the stink of sloppy cat poo spoils your day !!!!

• SusieAD 16th February 2022 at 8:51 am

Has anyone tried lion manure? It’s supposed to deter ANYTHING, lol 😆.

• Selsdon 16th February 2022 at 8:57 am

If your bulbs are being dug up its most likely foxes

• Mrs VS 16th February 2022 at 9:44 am

I’ve had this problem recently. I went to the garden centre and bought some netting. I put it over the top of the pot, and tucked it underneath. Works a treat and it’s never been back. I have cat deterrent mats over other popular toilet places, held down with tent pegs. It’s a constant chore. I also have electronic cat scarers which emit a noise when the cat goes near. Drives me mad.

• WW 12th March 2022 at 3:31 pm

It could be squirrels, I have used orange peel scattered around, it does deter cats

• Tambos58 12th March 2022 at 4:32 pm

Supersoaka water pistol?

• madeleine45 13th March 2022 at 11:24 pm

I have found one thing that seems to work well and does not hurt the cats. I have a water pistol and if they are on the pots or soil I fire water at them. They are not hurt but defintely dont like to be wet and after a short time recognise the water pistol and go before I have even fired it at them. Of course the other thing is if you have a cat of your own, they are very territorial and you would then have only your own cat to deal with. for newly dug border or just planted seeds I had a holly bush neaar by and put a few bits of that over the seed area so long as it wasnt windy

• LucasH 14th March 2022 at 7:53 am

I put citrus down, orange peel and the lemons out of a G&T.
      I’m having to drink more G&T’s though

• Mick20 15th March 2022 at 9:06 am

Orange, lemon, grapefruit, peel any of those cut up about inch square ish, scatter it near to where they dig, keep doing it for a few weeks eventually they will keep well away😉

• Forestbather 14th April 2022 at 8:49 pm

Second the citrus peel solution. I have cats and they hate it.

On the other hand, one of my stupid Fluffs eats olives, kidney beans, tomatoes, banana muffins, cheese, Pringles ……

I am vegetarian and this insane feline goes to all the local bbqs and returns with chicken legs and kebabs.

But citrus? Nah – poison innit.

• Redstarberry 9th June 2022 at 2:01 pm

Many years ago my garden became the cat toilet for neighbouring moggies, too afraid to go into the garden my own cat stayed indoors, so I had her cat litter tray to contend with because of everyone else’s cats, so phoned the local Zoo and asked if they had any lion poo spare (yep …I was that desperate!), the answer was ‘no’ for safety reasons, the chap also said they/zoo get a lot of people asking for the same thing/reason. I bought a cheap water pistol, when the cats realized it spat water out they stopped coming, just the look of the water pistol was enough, a quick shoot near, not on them, will make them uncomfortable in your garden.

• ShirleyB 13th July 2022 at 7:10 am

Blooming cats – but for the pots in my garden its definitely squirrels. They like somewhere soft to bury and retrieve food, they also eat some types of bulbs.

• Paul095 13th July 2022 at 8:59 am

Batman had an awesome shark repellent spray, l may also add following its application and the sharks release it didn’t even ladder his tights ! I’m sure he could advise. Does anyone else remember that episode as a youngster ?
      BTW, A water pistol super soaker 5000 works for me.

• medusaman123 17th July 2022 at 4:05 am

Hello.. If you go to your local garden centre and ask for the Cat plant they are sure to have them. They give off a scent cats do not like and the cats keep away… Regards Mick….

Add