Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Anyone enjoy /watch I’m a celebrity get me out?...

Shirlann Posted 7 months ago
Anyone enjoy /watch I’m a celebrity get me out? Personally I think it should of been shelved years ago 😏

The two naughty ‘boys’ presenters have long lost their charm 🤔don’t find them funny at all!

6 likes & 26 replies
    • Deleted User 6th November 2021 at 9:56 am

Agreed. Utter rubbish. Haven’t even looked at it for years.

• reliquit 6th November 2021 at 10:04 am

I’ve never watched it – and never wanted to. It is a program that I simply don’t “get”. Mind you to be fair, I didn’t “get” Big Brother either.

• Robert K 6th November 2021 at 11:13 am

I used to really enjoy it in the early days. It was very different and amusing. It is now way past its sell by date and a classic ‘cash cow’.

It can’t be right how the animals / insects are treated – It didn’t occur to me at the start.

• Chojo 6th November 2021 at 11:29 am

All these shows should be scrapped!

• Catwoman 6th November 2021 at 12:13 pm

Those two should be dropped into a jungle somewhere and left. Can’t stand them

• loislane 6th November 2021 at 1:42 pm

I’ve never watched it so don’t think I’m in a position to really comment. I just don’t watch reality TV shows, hate it all.

• Colin in Kent 6th November 2021 at 3:25 pm

Yes, we will continue to watch it. I’ve enjoyed it in the past, although the format is probably played out and is now very tired – as evidenced by the paucity of actual celebrities that will do it. I’m a fan of Adam Woodyatt though (not that I’ve seen Eastenders since the 80s), so it will be interesting to see him in it. Besides which, it’s always amusing to see the bubble of celebrity and pomposity being pricked.

• Shirlann 8th November 2021 at 11:17 am

Each to their own 😁

• Colin in Kent 8th November 2021 at 11:39 am

We fast forward through the trials, that helps. What I find interesting is that on any other show you don’t see what people are really like. No celebrity that’s ever seen being interviewed or on supposedly ‘real’ shows like Top Gear are anything other than the constructed identity they or their agents want to present. But where people are in enforced isolation for extended periods, such as here or CBB before it self combusted, that guard slips and they forget they’re being filmed 24/7. There have been several examples of celebs destroying their careers through a thoughtless or unguarded remark, so there’s always that incentive. Plus, some are revealed to be genuinely decent people.

That’s why the attendance of ‘real celebrities’ has declined markedly over the years in favour of irrelevant social media types, because people are now warned off doing it by their agents. The potential for damage is too great.

• Shirlann 8th November 2021 at 11:51 am

You think? But then I haven’t watched any all the way through 😏😁just found them too cringe worthy seems they try too hard to be too nice or too bad 🙃

• Colin in Kent 8th November 2021 at 11:59 am

They do try hard, but a week or so of privation soon strips that away.

• Shirlann 8th November 2021 at 12:13 pm

Take your word for it😁

• Mad Ralph 8th November 2021 at 11:58 am

That is interesting Colin, I hadn’t thought about that. I was under the impression that they only went on it to revive or springboard their careers but it’s a very good point.
          The guy that pretended to be the cringe cat for Rula Lenska has never lived it down 😂

• Colin in Kent 8th November 2021 at 12:09 pm

Yes, and Christopher Biggins was sacked from his panto after making homophobic remarks. A lot of the time people just don’t realise how offensive some of their private opinions are. Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett destroyed her career after pretending she’d been punched by another contestant and subject to physical abuse, somehow forgetting she was being filmed. ‘Nutritionist’ Gillian McKeith became so hated she was voted to do every trial, and after leaving the show her scientific credentials were found to be fake and she was barred from calling herself a nutritionist.

You’re right, a lot of them – particularly Z listers – go on them to boost their profiles or increase their instagram followers, but it’s the potential for backfiring that makes that amusing. Sharlann is right to an extent – it’s long past its sell by date, and most higher profile people avoid it like the plague now. A lot of these shows just feed on each other and feature ‘contestants’ from other terrible reality shows.

• Mad Ralph 8th November 2021 at 12:14 pm

You know what? I might start watching it now 😂

• Colin in Kent 8th November 2021 at 1:35 pm

I’ve probably put the kiss of death on it now.

• Cheers on toast 7th November 2021 at 1:35 am

I hate all these jobs for the Celebs sort of cringeworthy programmes. Celebrity Gogglebox for example is totally against the initial idea for the programme, ie people acting naturally in front of a camera.

• SAZ 63 7th November 2021 at 8:39 am

Complete rubbish and a waste of millions in order to put it together , just to massage peoples egos especially when most people are suffering real hard times heading into Xmas this year .

• BridJames 8th November 2021 at 11:09 am

Reality shows are full of VIPs ie vomit-inducing persons

Add