Home Forums Travel Anyone else ….. ?

Deleted User Posted 2 years ago
Anyone else ….. ?

Should’ve been setting off to see my son in Aus next week. Put it back to Feb next year, now looking like back end of 2021 before Aus govt will allow international visitors to enter. I can’t wait to get back there to see my son, my family and my friends (can’t wait to get on a plane and jet off on an adventure anywhere actually!)
Anyone else stuck here on their own with kids living the other side of the planet?

24 likes & 11 replies
    • Julieincrewe 3rd November 2020 at 9:33 am

I have friends in USA but I cant imagine flying there for a while.  I bought a little camper van and started seeing more.of uk then at xmas bought a bigger one, but not had much time to use it this year !!

• Seasider 3rd November 2020 at 12:49 pm

Yes, my son lives in Malaysia with his wife and daughter. They were supposed to visit in the summer,  but with covid they didn’t want to risk it as she was pregnant. Now we can only visit them if we quarantine for two weeks in a hotel. What good is that?? What a horrible situation. The Chinese have got alot to answer for!!!

• starlight 3rd November 2020 at 4:02 pm

I was stuck but then Canada allowed immediate relatives in,  so here I am in Vancouver visiting my daughter till Jan,  had been due here last April so only 5 months late,  had to do 2 weeks quarantine on arrival and again when I get back.

• Tiredtortoise 4th November 2020 at 11:48 pm

Was living in UAE for 8 years. Just want to get on a plane !!

• Dreamyboy 5th November 2020 at 4:25 pm

Got a holiday home just outside Alicante City we haven’t been able to visit because of either our lockdown or Spanish. Had to cancel a trip to New York for my 60th as well, then a possible trip to Rome also fell through as well! But not moaning, everyone in same boat, gotta improve one day!

• Deleted User 5th November 2020 at 7:19 pm

Yep.   Had every holiday cancelled this year 😖

• Handy Andy 5th November 2020 at 7:50 pm

Yep me too Lanzarote when the lockdown finishes

• Deleted User 5th November 2020 at 9:23 pm

Managed a trip to Whistler and Vancouver in Jan, just before this all kicked off but two summer trips were cancelled.

I have my fingers crossed that a trip to Santorini in May next year can go ahead.

• 6th November 2020 at 3:39 pm

Oh yes usually go to Spain in June with 4 friends, have really missed it.

• Shirlann 8th November 2020 at 9:33 am

Got a new baby grandson in Dubai think he’s going be walking before we get to see him☹️

Add