Home Forums TV, Film & Radio Anyone else got Sky TV?

Marica Posted 11 months ago
Anyone else got Sky TV?

Odd random question here , but does anyone know what has happened to the Fox channel , it was there one day and has disappeared,.. Bummer, I liked quite a few shows on there…….

1 like & 27 replies
    • Deleted User 2nd July 2021 at 9:44 pm

Just googled and Fox is no longer available in the UK. Its closed.

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 9:56 pm

Oh Thanks, MG , i should have done that but it didn’t occur to me. I think a lot of these shows are moving to several other “Buy me as another subscription” channels and I am getting a bit pee’d with it , . After all , how many are we supposed to pay for and Sky is not cheap ? I can think of 5 other TV platforms before we start . I get Netflix with Sky and my son pays for Amazon Prime and a few months of Disney + but this runs out soon. I would love to have seen Spitting Image on Britbox but I thought , not another sub! So I left it but it may turn up on another platform in the future

• Deleted User 2nd July 2021 at 9:59 pm

I know what you mean. It’s getting ridiculous with all these channels. We have Disney as it has the Marvel films and more. But I’m not going to subscribe to any more.

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 10:04 pm

I don’t blame you , it is tricky enough to find time to watch it all . I am trying to remember the name of the series (brain overload) where there was 6 kids who all got superpowers and their parents used to have some sort of chamber that they abducted people and put them in to regain energy . the kids rebelled and there was a dinosaur! If you saw it , you would know the one I mean.

• Deleted User 2nd July 2021 at 10:09 pm

🤣 sounds weird and I think I should know it but I don’t
          It will come to you…… 🤣

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 10:11 pm

Yes, probably in 2 days like the other post I said where the brain gives up but takes 48 hours to find the info! 😀

• Deleted User 2nd July 2021 at 10:14 pm

🤣🤣
          So long as it doesn’t come to you when you’re asleep and you suddenly wake up 🤣
          I’ve done that before 🤣

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 10:16 pm

It has been known…..

• loislane 3rd July 2021 at 10:50 am

We stream Sky and have NowTv, prime, BT Sport once football starts, luckily BBC and ITV are free in that respect,. It yes, agree, they have cottoned on to a way of getting more money.
          It’s just not doable each month

• Marica 3rd July 2021 at 2:55 pm

I agree and the worst bit is when a favourite show moves to an unknown source. I started watching This Is Us many moon ago on tv and then the series disappeared and seemed to be on some unheard of American channel that I could not get . Now it is on Netflix thank goodness but a lot of catching up to do when i get time as I have missed a lot of it

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 10:14 pm

Found it, it is called Runaways : see the info below, it is quite good

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1236246/

• Marica 2nd July 2021 at 10:29 pm

This may help , I think it is on Disney + , it was originally on Sky Syfi channel:

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/marvels-runaways-season-3-coming-soon-to-disney-uk-ireland/

• Daisychain 3rd July 2021 at 3:09 pm

I have Freeview, Prime and BritBox. I rarely watch Prime as most of the films are not my cup of tea and most of it is too American. I only have it because I use Amazon quite frequently and have to use a Firestick to get some Freeview. I’ve discovered now that EBay can be cheaper but not faster for delivery. BritBox is great for tv without ads and I’ve caught a number of ITV crime and thrillers that I wouldn’t have watched because of the adverts. I’m considering subscribing to Channel 4 so I can watch Walter Presents without ads. but If I do this I’ll unsubscribe from BritBox, at least for a while. Plusnet is my internet provider.

I had NowTV for a bit to watch Game of Thrones and have bought the odd film for my grandchildren. I’m of the opinion that if the Tv Licence goes Freeview may disappear and just leave us with pay TV.

I’m treating pay TV like my energy bills. If there’s something I particularly want to see, I’ll pay a month’s subscription watch it then cancel.

• Marica 3rd July 2021 at 4:00 pm

You are good to keep up with all that, Daisychain, but I could not be doing with continually subscribing then unsubscribing as I would no doubt forget to do that , there s enough in life to keep up with already but I admire your energy to do so .

• Mark1961 3rd July 2021 at 3:56 pm

Ty for the info,i had not noticed that Fox had gone from the Sky package.

• Fluffy 3rd July 2021 at 4:02 pm

i’ve had Sky since it first started & the screen went to snowflakes every time it rained ! 😀
      but over the years i’ve got rid of the movie channels , sports channels etc…. it was getting far too expensive 🙁

• Marica 3rd July 2021 at 10:06 pm

Agree, although I ring up every year and negotiate more discounts so the price goes back down again. It is an annual thing as they gradually start to increase the costs so I just get on the phone again. There is a lot I don’t watch on Sky but it has been handy for some channels though whether it is worth the cost , I am unsure ,.But I also get broadband, phone etc all through Sky so I have to juggle the costs with other companies

• Rainy days and Mondays 4th July 2021 at 1:39 pm

It says fox is closed

• Dreamyboy 4th July 2021 at 2:31 pm

Much to my disgust the present lady of the Manor insists we keep Sky, inclusive of the movie channels although we hardly ever watch any! We don’t have any sports channels – i watch the footy via japanese/Arab TV courtesy of firestick.

• Sand 4th July 2021 at 3:07 pm

Sky is always changing the names and numbers of the progra mmes.

Add