Home Forums General Anyone else get so bored they resort to working in...

MikeyG Posted 2 months ago
Anyone else get so bored they resort to working in their free time?

I live alone and today the weather is pants, the TV is just as bad so I actually made the decision to sit at my desk and do some work….I must have lost the plot lol

1 like & 25 replies
    • Mad Ralph 4th December 2021 at 4:18 pm

I’ve never ever been that bored, if I was I think I’d rather punch myself in the face or kick myself in the goolies rather than doing some work.

• Colin in Kent 4th December 2021 at 4:33 pm

Too many other deadlines occupying my free time to bother with the 9-5 stuff! I have worked on weekends over the last year, but only when we were really up against it, not through choice!

• Chojo 4th December 2021 at 4:54 pm

Silly question but what’s free time? Is it a new thing? I’m not well versed in current trends. 🤣

• SunnyDays 4th December 2021 at 7:04 pm

Nooooo no way NEVER … dear God man.. are you crazy… 🤣
      I have a garden full of leaves to rake next time you get bored 🤣
      Or a little bit of painting?….
      Oh and the sealant around the bath needs replacing …
      And the kitchen sink sealant…

Mates rates? 🤣

• EricaLovesFlowers 4th December 2021 at 9:28 pm

Yep, virtually every week! In principle I have Friday off, but I’ve run two workshops this month, taught 2 courses
      and this weekend I’m attending a training course. So I’ve had 1 weekend off this month..
      I know, I need to either get a life, a dog or a partner 🤣🌸

• EricaLovesFlowers 4th December 2021 at 9:41 pm

Yes a know… I’m a sad specimen of a woman!🤣🤣

• Cheers on toast 5th December 2021 at 7:19 am

I struggle to work in work time.

• adeliza0165 5th December 2021 at 8:46 am

Noooo….I draw the line there!lol! But I do end up doing my e learning from home because I never get time to do it at work 🙄

• Brighton Belle 6th December 2021 at 10:50 pm

I’m lady leisure-worked hard enough for the privelidge

• Daisychain 7th December 2021 at 8:13 pm

I’ve never been bored away from work with more than enough interesting pastimes to occupy my time. I’d like to say I’m a lady of leisure but life has its responsibilities even now.

• MikeyG 7th December 2021 at 8:16 pm

I wasnt really bored away from work, I was just bored ( live alone, no social circle, kids doing their own thing)

• Daisychain 7th December 2021 at 8:29 pm

Sounds like my daughter and her current circumstances.

I’ve spent time on my own over the years and you’re right, nobody about can be rather soul destroying. That’s partially why I always have current projects on the go and plenty for back-up. During a very difficult time I painted bottles every day to keep sane. These days it would be called mindfulness. The thing is if your brain is fully occupied and concentrating it’s not going down a rabbit hole. Work was once my salvation as well.

I hope you find something that is all consuming for a while. Mine was doing my family tree and helping other family tree researchers. Many happy hours spent online searching, adding information and finding distant relatives to chat with.

I hope you find something that will give you joy. 💐 Excuse the flowers but it’s a way a sending a positive message.

Add