Home Forums Learning Anybody out there learning a new language such as...

Anybody out there learning a new language such as Spanish?
6 likes & 26 replies Share
    • Chris Frederick 28th July 2021 at 8:49 am

My sister learned Italian using this method and swears by it so take a look see –

https://coffeebreaklanguages.com/coffeebreakspanish/

• Colin in Kent 28th July 2021 at 9:53 am

Going to be learning Welsh soon. Made a start two years ago but underestimated the amount of time other things would require, then got made redundant and had to put a lot of time and effort into learning new job so it kind of fell by the wayside. But I can’t really put it off much longer.

• Rob2021 28th July 2021 at 6:24 pm

Italian with Duolingo, ok so far but a long way to go yet.

• Aquaman01 28th July 2021 at 7:59 pm

Hola buenos Dias ; – )

• Aquaman01 29th July 2021 at 12:37 am

mucho gracias ; – )

• BigSteve 17th August 2021 at 9:03 am

I am a Spanish Teacher for adults doing group and online classes.

• Linde 22nd August 2021 at 10:18 pm

Dear August 53, how long have you been learning that beautiful language? Are you doing it online , or at a weekly class?
      I was a teacher/ tutor in adult education, and am bi-lingual in German and English. I started going to evening classes in Spanish a long time ago in London, then dropped it for a while. I picked it up again Learning with some old tapes and booklet, bought cheaply on eBay. To my surprise I remembered a fair amount from the earlier days and managed the whole course of 16 tapes in about a year. I can now converse with my son-in-law at fairly basic level, but it is soooo appreciated by him and nis extended family.
      Let me know how you are getting on, and whether I might just be able to offer some advice, depending on any difficulties you have come across. Best regards, Linde

• Vixster 23rd August 2021 at 8:15 am

I’m hoping to start classes in Mandarin this autumn.

• MariaEliza 23rd August 2021 at 8:35 am

I’m learning Dutch with Duolingo but would much prefer to join a class … if only I could find one

• Linde 25th August 2021 at 10:58 pm

Hello, Maria Eliza, I am also learning Dutch with Babel, am getting towards the end of the Beginners programmes. How do you find it? I mentioned it already , but I was very seriously ill last October/November, I needed something to give me back my confidence and belief in myself, and this course really got me back on my feet! Tell me little about yourself, if you feel like it, I’d love to hear your views! Maybe we could talk to each other occasionally. I really would like to hear more spoken language, not just the rules. Hope to hear from you soon! Regards, Linde

• JustinCredible 24th August 2021 at 1:46 pm

Italian with Duolingo, just a few minutes every day and making progress….

• Anonymous User 24th August 2021 at 1:57 pm

Likewise me but with spanish …

• Lilbup66 24th August 2021 at 2:00 pm

Korean using duolingo and YouTube.. just love watching the Korean drama’s.

• Anonymous User 24th August 2021 at 2:32 pm

Good luck …I am trying to learn spanish with duolingo …

• Sar717 24th August 2021 at 2:48 pm

There’s a new Spanish learning course starting in Fear Hall keynsham Bristol in September if this will help anyone,I,m not a tutor or anything but I seen it advertised,think it was Tuesday evenings 12wks £72

• PattyG 27th August 2021 at 12:03 am

Hi August53.
      I’m learning Spanish with Duo and also an app called Ella Verbs. Duo is great as you can do as much as you like per day and it’s fun. Ella verbs is a little more intense in the fact that it’s more detailed around verb tenses, something you may not be ready for, but it does help.
      I’ve been with duo Spanish for about a year. I’ve found it does help to talk to other people who are trying to learn too or a native speaker who will help. Good luck and don’t give up.

• Anonymous User 27th August 2021 at 12:55 am

Thanks pattyG …
      I will continue to use duo and find out more about ella verbs …

• Nelle96 27th August 2021 at 8:09 am

I’m another Duo Lingo user, learning Spanish

• Anonymous User 27th August 2021 at 9:22 am

Hi Nelle96 …
      How long have you been learning Spanish ?

• Nelle96 27th August 2021 at 1:25 pm

Only a few weeks, I’m a total beginner although we had a house in Spain for many years and I did pick up a bit. My daughter too A level Spanish, and a few years later is revisiting it to try and become fluent. She recommended Duo Lingo and I have to say it’s brilliant. So I’m hoping to be able to practice with her.

• Anonymous User 27th August 2021 at 3:46 pm

Brilliant …if you ever want to text in basic spanish for practice please do …

• Philomena235 17th October 2021 at 6:36 am

Me too, trying to learn spanish. How are you finding it?

Add