Home Forums Arts & Culture Any Radio 3 listeners out there?

Matteus Rosso Posted 7 months ago
Any Radio 3 listeners out there?

If you’d like to chat about what’s been on and what you thought about it I would love to hear from you. Too much Prokofiev and not enough Part? Underfed on Monteverdi and overdosed on Mozart? Piano forte or forte piano? Skeletons on a tin roof or make it original? If you’ve got an opinion then please share it 🙂

2 likes & 2 replies
    • Deleted User 28th October 2021 at 11:15 am

Radio 3 was very good for listening and learning of composers I had not heard of. Classic fm is good to hum along to😀

• Matteus Rosso 28th October 2021 at 12:01 pm

Yes I got most of my musical education from R3 back in the 70s and 80s, then supplemented by reading the reviews in The Gramophone. I don’t know if it’s because my musical exposure is so much greater than it was [inevitably] but there seems to be increasingly less and less repertoire broadcast that provokes my interest. And much as I love Beethoven’s 4th Piano Con, how on earth can it be a good idea to broadcast it on consecutive days, which it was a few weeks back? And even in ‘Through the Night’, which frequently has performances and repertoire from unknown corners of the EU has a significant proportion of repeats – surely there is enough available not to need that?
        That being said, I still think R3 is the best radio station there is 🙂

Add