Home Forums Photography Any one in to photography ?

E-man Posted 1 year ago
Any one in to photography ?

This is a photo of one of the brightest rainbows I have ever seen. I had been walking on the Malverns in Worcestershire , came round the corner and there it was . I take most of my photos when on the move with my iPhone SE I dropped the shot into this couples phone and drove home

25 likes & 27 replies
    • Lady K 4th March 2021 at 2:13 pm

I love photography . That’s lovely 😊

• E-man 4th March 2021 at 2:23 pm

Thanks LK . Its enjoyable and satisfying , tells a story . All you need ifirstly is a reasonable smartphone . I’ve done some good shots with an iPHone SE

• Lady K 4th March 2021 at 2:28 pm

Yes it is and does.
          I do photography too but I use a dedicated Camera.
          There are many stunning shots that were taken with an iPhone.

• E-man 4th March 2021 at 3:00 pm

Yes , Ive got a dedicated camera kit ( Canon 7d and two Canon lenses . Good stuff but heavy . I’ve got three projects a) Spitfire aviation history b) Full life story for my kids c) tying up all my photo edited, oil pastel , sketches , Chromacolour They are everywhere just now . My neighbour is a web developer to help put them on one site .Just waiting for next few weeks for some freedom to move on , How about you ? I’m struggling with motivation for the Spitfire story , Any suggestions ? thanks

• Lady K 4th March 2021 at 8:59 pm

I have a Nikon and various lenses which are heavy but I used to take them everywhere. But now I have a much lighter camera which I am happy with.
          Sound very busy with your projects.
          I don’t know much about spitfires but you can find a lot online regarding their history. So maybe start there?
          Full life story that should be great!
          I hope all goes well.

I am an artist too! So I know about everything being everywhere.
          At the moment trying to get all my folders of (I don’t know how many but years) photography and art in order.
          Also trying to get some artwork started and finished to exhibit when that time comes.

I can’t wait to be free again. Just raring to get out there with my camera.

• E-man 6th March 2021 at 7:55 pm

Missed your 4th Mar post .Thanks for all the encouragement and keep moving on with all your creative stuff > My next door neighbour is a great friend and web developer when you have enough work go on-line . I ‘m doing a Spitfire action picture to illustrate this project ,just about to do initial sketches . Meantime I’ll try and post a painting of a BAE Hawk that I enjoyed doing some time back . Mid May is when the freedom becomes a reality . Enjoy !!

• Andif 4th March 2021 at 3:24 pm

The best camera is the one you’ve got with you! Nice work

• E-man 4th March 2021 at 3:29 pm

Thanks A . I bought it for nature and sports but a bit restricted just now. Should be easier from May . Good luck to you.

• jan_budgen 4th March 2021 at 9:12 pm

I love photography! Wildlife, sunrise/sunsets

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 4th March 2021 at 9:17 pm

That is a real ‘gasp’ moment. The rainbow beautiful a great shot for the couple too!

• E-man 5th March 2021 at 5:27 pm

Thak you Gill B . the couple did appreciate the Airdrop .

• Andy Paddles 5th March 2021 at 6:16 pm

Snap!

• E-man 6th March 2021 at 7:41 pm

Great shot Andy . Take it you had a smartphone dry and handy . Rainbows don’t hang about !!

• Andy Paddles 6th March 2021 at 8:32 pm

Thanks E – man, yes phone lives in the pocket of my PFD all the time – spent a long time researching waterproofness and camera quality before I bought!

• E-man 18th March 2021 at 5:49 pm

Update Andy , I’ve ordered a waterproof case to IP68 standard to about 6 ft6 for one hour > But you cannot plan for the totally unexpected . My son was a cox for a winning Oxford team and by tradition the cox gets chucked in the Thames . Goodbye iphone !!

• Andy Paddles 18th March 2021 at 6:14 pm

Always handy to keep your phone waterproof – one of my daughters managed to fritz her phone by dropping it in a glass of gin – don’t ask!!!

• E-man 20th March 2021 at 6:47 am

That must have been a large gin to cover a phone !!

• Andy Paddles 20th March 2021 at 9:53 am

You know what they’re like now E-man – can’t have a plain gin in a tumbler anymore, you need flavoured gin in a giant balloon glass!

• Christina SK 11th March 2021 at 7:13 pm

Do miss not going out and taking pics. I look after my granddaughter now too which makes it more challenging. Took the one below indoors.

• Tonyh 19th March 2021 at 8:59 pm

I want to start photography , can anyone advise a web site that will teach to understand the hobby, a web site for beginners

• adeliza0165 20th March 2021 at 1:01 pm

Lovely picture – I like photography too & love to capture beautiful sunsets/sunrises ☺️👍

• E-man 21st March 2021 at 10:07 am

For sunsets and rises in UK I watch ” Pembrokeshire – I LOVE IT ” on Facebook . I’m a sunset man and my best were at Lake Garda , the Med on a cruise and just outside my house in North Worcester.

• Cari 21st March 2021 at 5:03 pm

I love your photo, very evocative . The Malverns are one of the many places I want to re visit when we can travel out of our area.

• E-man 22nd March 2021 at 7:32 am

Thanks . The stay at home rule ended on March 29 in England and will be gradually relaxed on April 12 th and 17th May . The British Camp area of the Malverns is a good place to start . Enjoy .

• adeliza0165 27th March 2021 at 9:21 pm

It’s rare for me to catch a rainbow – this one was fading by the time I took it.

• Patrington1a 8th April 2021 at 10:52 am

Hi, I’ll dig out my rainbow, very bright but nothing in the foreground like yours..

• Deleted User 8th April 2021 at 10:56 am

Good morning. Yes to answer your question. I’m currently working on a Diploma in Photography from the Institute of Photography in London. I’ve learned a great deal already. It’s a wonderful pastime.

Add