Home Forums Health Any one had the covid vaccine and suffered side ef...

Caroline0359 Posted 2 years ago
Any one had the covid vaccine and suffered side effects. I had mine last Thursday and have felt exhausted since.
2 likes & 80 replies
    • anniep 2nd February 2021 at 2:53 pm

I had mine end December. Slight after effects. Muzzy head and achy arm. 12 hours later was fine. Hope you feel better soon but would also contact Dr incase it’s an underlying condition.

• Caroline0359 2nd February 2021 at 4:41 pm

I’m a nurse. I was perfectly well until I had the vaccine. It is a recognised side effect. I was just curious to know if others had had similar.
        I had Covid last year maybe that’s a reason.

• Janmay 2nd February 2021 at 3:41 pm

I had mine this morning and didn’t even feel it. No symptoms at all so far. Will keep you updated on progress in next 24 hours. I had the Pfizer one.

• Toni Bournemouth 2nd February 2021 at 6:17 pm

Hi my mum had her’s on Sunday, she had a little ache in her arm after, but is feeling really tired since, hopefully it will pass, she’s 88 years young

• Little echo 2nd February 2021 at 6:35 pm

Had the Pfizer vaccination 3weeks ago was painless no side effects.

• AnnB 2nd February 2021 at 9:57 pm

I had fuzzy head for about 24hrs, nausea and tiredness.

• Caroline0359 2nd February 2021 at 10:08 pm

I had a ‘thick ‘head for about 24 hrs but the tiredness has been for 5 days I have never slept so much.
        Feeling much better this evening so hopefully turned a corner.

• Larnette 3rd February 2021 at 1:01 am

My friend fell asleep within an hour of having her vaccine for four hours then had flu like symptoms and sleepy for 3 days.. she had Oxford AZ

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 10:45 am

Similar to me I slept for a couple of hours when I got home have been tired since .
        I also had astra zeneca

• Larnette 3rd February 2021 at 8:30 pm

There’s a video by professor Tim Spector on the Zoe COVID app and you tube titled Vaccine after effects and previous Covid.

Are you feeling better today?

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 9:21 pm

Less so . But it is a week tomorrow so hopefully on the wain now.

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 9:31 pm

Hi I am feeling much better today thank you.
          Have been for a short walk so that’s more than I have done since last week . Normally walk over 10.000 steps a day.
          Watched professor Spector u tube video that you advised. Thank you for suggesting it . It is a common side effect and he says if you have had covid a third more likely to get them .

• Larnette 3rd February 2021 at 10:05 pm

Pleased you’re feeling a bit better today, keep us posted 🙂

There was a thread similar to your question on another group. It did seem that people experienced more after effects with AZ. Pfizer seemed to be typically a sore arm and AZ more tiredness and some flu like symptoms.
          My friend’s GP advised her to have AZ as she has allergies.. Pfizer contains PEG which can cause allergic reaction. It is widely used in many household products inc toiletries, Ibuprofen and Tramadol though.

I have lots of allergies inc hair, hand wash, cleaning products and several antibiotics so I’m really worried about the vaccine but what can we do?
          We either risk getting Covid or chance the vaccine!
          It isn’t like we can only get Covid once.

I haven’t seen my Children or Grand children since last March.
          I was under the Breast clinic plus a couple of other problems and booked for an MRI and surgery at the start of the pandemic and have been too worried to go to the hospital. My two local hospitals have been featured on the news with Covid.
          There’s so much I’m skeptical about regarding the vaccine but at the same time pleased we have one.
          I think eventually we will all have to have it at some stage.
          As much as I’d rather not have one I think I’d have to weigh up my other health concerns and the vaccine would mean I’d feel less risk attending hospital appointments and much missed hugs from my Grandchildren ☺️.
          The good thing about reading other people’s side effects is that we can expect them and not panic.

I think there is somewhere on the app to report your side effects for their research..

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 10:17 pm

It is a tough choice . Like you I had allergy which was why I had AZ.most of my colleagues had Pfizer few had side effects.

Definitely feel like you are between a rock and a hard place.
          Have to do what’s right for you.

• hazel59 9th February 2021 at 6:54 pm

There is, if you google cov19 by Zoe you can download it.

• Chrism2503 3rd February 2021 at 4:13 am

Hi
      I had the Oxford vaccine 5 days ago and felt like I had flu for 24 hours with chills and fever. My heart rate went up to 110 just whilst resting too! Feel ok now though.

• Megan 3rd February 2021 at 4:20 am

I had Oxford vaccine yesterday, felt a bit light headed for a while, but it soon passed

• Swanlake 3rd February 2021 at 6:37 am

Had the Pfizer on Sunday. No problems so far.

• redman 3rd February 2021 at 8:24 am

yes yesterday, i feel tired arm ache head achy, didnt sleep that well dry throat. i havnt had covid, but i do have hiatos and take herbal medicine

• redman 3rd February 2021 at 8:40 am

do you think herbal medicine interacts with the oxford vacine, i am 74

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 11:22 am

A medication history is not taken at time of giving injection apart from knowing if on blood thinner or if you have any allergies.
        So have to presume they are not an issue

• Marica 7th February 2021 at 10:49 am

I agree. I mentioned various reactions to foods, med and asked about anything else and they are not worried about any of it for the vaccine unless you are pregnant or can go into anaphalactic shock !

• JAT48T 3rd February 2021 at 8:59 am

Had mine Monday. Felt achey and tired yesterday – arm and hand hurt. Seems all good this morning

• Summer59 3rd February 2021 at 9:19 am

Had mine on Tuesday last week. No side effects. Had the Pfizer one. I do wonder if those who have side effects would be sicker if they got the virus?

• Hectorcat 3rd February 2021 at 11:17 am

I had the AZ vaccine last Friday morning. A headache within 2 hours and a mild fever (38.3C) by 19:00. Went to bed, mild flu like symptoms. In the morning just a headache and the mild fever. By Sunday all gone. The arm nothing worse than a Rugby bash. My Mother in her 70’s same symptoms, my Father in his 80’s just a slight ache in his arm – I guess I know where the genes for my immune system derive.

• redman 3rd February 2021 at 12:04 pm

still feel rough after 26 hours took parasetimal

• Marica 3rd February 2021 at 12:50 pm

I am glad people have got over the side effects. I am really concerned about having this as I have always reacted badly to flu jabs, Won’t have them now. Plus a lot of other meds like antibiotics, AD’s, innoculations for abroad etc. Doctors must think i am a wonder case as I actually pass out and feel so terribly ill for 2 weeks often. So you can see I am somewhat nervous about any of this!

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 1:01 pm

Marcia I am the same as you. I had a flu jab in 1979 was so I’ll after for 2 weeks . Never had it again. Didnt want to have Covid vac but felt I should as I’m a nurse. Have felt tired since. Not unwell just tired.
        Not looking forward to having the 2nd one.

• Marica 3rd February 2021 at 4:20 pm

I can understand that , Caroline. Difficult when you are a nurse. Although I have a nurse friend and she is refusing to have it , she thinks it is a lot of nasty stuff being injected without knowing what the side effects will be in a year or 5 years. However, many people are glad of it , it is a personal choice

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 5:35 pm

I agree with your friend . I was adamant I was not having it due to the speed it was developed. But like I said I decided I should. Also I like to cruise and I think it will be mandatory to prove you have had vaccine if you want to travel . I maybe wrong .

• Marica 3rd February 2021 at 7:47 pm

I said this to my friend as we tend to go abroad once a year but she said if you have a negative test , there should be no reason to not be able to go. She has a point but I think I agree with you , especially for a cruise, that it may be mandatory. Rather a worry

• Caroline0359 3rd February 2021 at 8:29 pm

I heard saga were insisting on proof of 2 covid vacs before allowed to sail.

• Marica 5th February 2021 at 6:46 pm

Caroline, I braved it and had mine today and was petrified as you know but 90 min after having it, I am still feeling ok and am amazed! We will see what tomorrow brings but I am usually Miss Side Effects 2021 to nearly everything so this , so far , has been a bonus but early days

• Caroline0359 5th February 2021 at 6:53 pm

Well done. I’m sure all will be fine . Which vaccine did you have ?

• Marica 5th February 2021 at 10:26 pm

The Oxford one. Everything ticked the right boxes for me…it was Oxford vaccine , done at the surgery rather than the hospital and also I have the weekend to chill out should I feel rough. It just felt the right thing to do despite my nerves. But so far (fingers crossed) , I have now had this over 5 hours ago and still feel completely normal . I hope others are as lucky .

• Caroline0359 7th February 2021 at 10:18 am

Hi Marcia

How you doing.
          Pleased to say I’m 100% recovered.

• Marica 7th February 2021 at 10:52 am

Hi Caroline, much better today . I have similar covid type symptoms to when I actually had covid before but no temperature so I knew this would pass and sure enough it has been a 24 hour thing other than the arm is still a bit painful but nothing bad.I am glad you are feeling good now

• Caroline0359 7th February 2021 at 10:58 am

Good to hear .

• loislane 18th February 2021 at 5:49 pm

Let’s hope they take that into consideration, I’m ok with flu jabs. But I can have bad reactions to other things such as insect bites

• Marica 18th February 2021 at 6:00 pm

Just have a word with your doctor for what it’s worth though I suspect they will just say have it anyway. But they should check any substances in the vaccine don’t react with you according to their records

• Caroline0359 21st February 2021 at 11:49 am

Hi that will be taken onto account. I’m a nurse practitioner and have been giving Covid vaccines .
          Allergies is one of the questions asked . The Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine is the one recommended for anyone with allergies. Once you have had the vaccine you are monitored for up to 30 minutes to ensure you are not having a severe reaction. All vaccination centres will have emergency equipment available.

• loislane 21st February 2021 at 12:26 pm

Excellent, thank you, my daughter has bad asthma, she wasn’t even contacted by her doctor, I feel mine is less, but because I’ve been hospitalised twice through pneumonia, my doctor told me to shield.

• Jayy12 3rd February 2021 at 8:41 pm

Had mine last Thursday, felt exhausted the following day but main symptom has been feeling cold and shivering each day.

• BA 4th February 2021 at 1:43 pm

My mum in law has had both now she’s 85 and has had no problems at all Hooe you feel better soon xx

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 4th February 2021 at 2:13 pm

I’m always guarded responding to after effects of the vaccine.I don’t want to put people off having the vaccine.Just …aches and an headache for a day.All good now!

• Caroline0359 4th February 2021 at 2:22 pm

Hi I appreciate your comment and concerns. I agree with you somewhat as to not want to put people off. That said I think its helpful to know that the side effects can happen and that they do eventually go. Also a lot of people will not get any side effects.

• Marica 7th February 2021 at 2:18 pm

All good in case anyone is worried! Just allow the next day to rest and take paracetamol as you may feel achy and tired but usually gone in 24hours .

• Mary Allen-Graham 9th February 2021 at 3:35 pm

I had mine last Sunday and had absolutely no side effects at all, I have a friend though who had to take to her bed for 3 days !.I’m feeling very fortunate. I do hope you feel better very soon.

• hazel59 9th February 2021 at 4:01 pm

Hi
      I had mine last Monday, astra zenneca, I had very muzzy head and nausea for 2 to 3 days and felt really tired, just kept sleeping, still don’t feel brilliant.

• Caroline0359 9th February 2021 at 5:19 pm

Hi Hazel my tiredness lasted about 8 days and took another 3 for me to feel 100%.
        Just test and it will pass soon.

• Marica 9th February 2021 at 5:38 pm

So sorry your lasted so long Caroline. My arm is still itchy and sore after 4 days but the rest of me is sort of ok now , the worst day was the first and part of the second . I hope things improve for you , are you taking paracetamol? I had to in the end.

• Caroline0359 9th February 2021 at 5:42 pm

Hi Marcia I’m absolutely fine now . Back at work yesterday so all good. My arm never ached at all.
          Hope you will be symptom free soon .

• Marica 9th February 2021 at 5:40 pm

So sorry for you Hazel. I was so scared I would have a terrible reaction but just got the common side effects . I did not mind this as I have had covid so I recognised the mimic symptoms but did not have a temperature so I was relaxed with that . Have you been sick or just felt it? If only felt, try eating something, I found it helped

• Josie The Black Country Wench 11th February 2021 at 5:17 pm

Having mine tomorrow. I was so pleased when they phoned and said I could have it. I have had Covid twice now last March and again in June. Recently had a heart attack (2 weeks ago), going to my GP surgery, they know my medical history so I know I will be taken good care of. Will let you know how it goes.

• Josie The Black Country Wench 14th February 2021 at 7:18 pm

Still not grown horns or turned into a Gremlin. However I have had a rough couple of days. Sore arm, headache, bit of nausea and general lethergy. Nothing a couple of paracetamols haven’t helped with though. Worth it in my case, don’t want Covid for a third time, twice was enough. especially after the HA.

• Caroline0359 15th February 2021 at 7:15 pm

glad you are recovered so well,

• Deleted User 18th February 2021 at 3:23 pm

Just reading all the feeds on here, did any of you have a choice of which vaccine you could have? Not had mine yet!

• Caroline0359 18th February 2021 at 5:14 pm

I had to have Astra zeneca do to allergies.
      If you get contacted you can ask what they are giving at the time.

Add