Home Forums Science & Nature anti unseasonable mild weather

BridJames Posted 5 months ago
anti unseasonable mild weather

Anyone apart from me get sickened by unseasonable mild weather in Winter? I find just the prospect of it depressing. If I go out I don’t want to feel overdressed but unless I need to go out for exercise or shopping I’ll stay indoors and pray for something acceptably Wintry again asap.

1 like & 12 replies
    • Robert K 26th December 2021 at 12:37 pm

Yep, I agree with this. I have hardly felt cold at all this winter. At least if we have properly cold weather it makes the short daylight hours seem more acceptable. These days winter seems to be mid January to early March.

• BridJames 26th December 2021 at 12:50 pm

thanks for agreeing Robert, a lot of people will probably just think I’m being miserable but I felt the need to find others with the same feeling if disapproval.
        I know we can’t directly blame anyone for the lousy corrupt climate of the UK but as we are notorious for talking about it why should complaining about it be a problem. There seems to be a sad irony to the Winter solstice which should theoretically at least herald a spell of crisp blue skies following a decent frost and at least a reasonable amount of snow. Instead of course we are being told by those inane bullsh***ers called forecasters of an unhealthy surge of mildness from the cesspit of the South Atlantic or Sahara or some insidious source and that has killed my seasonal mood until the temperature drops to where it should be – about 8degsc at the most. Well although I’ve probably just wasted time and effort by saying all that I feel some satisfaction at having a swipe at what makes me most miserable.

• LawrieL 27th December 2021 at 10:09 am

BridJames. I agree wholeheartedly with you about the unhealthy feel that hangs in the dull grey gloopy air. It really gets me down – I need light, crisp fresh days, my most fabourite when everywhere is covered in white with bright fresh skies – truly lifts my heart and spirit. Unlike you I feel the cold terribly, but I’d much rather put in extra layers than walk in this unending greyness that seems to cling to me, errrr 🙄! Haha!!! Oh I feel much better having shared that with a like-minded person such as yourself. Enjoy your day despite the weather!!

• min 27th December 2021 at 6:11 pm

Don’t give up hope, Lawrie, We might still get the white stuff – Jan and Feb can be good for that!

• LawrieL 27th December 2021 at 7:46 pm

I won’t min, thank you for that! A nice crunchy frost is what I’m after 😃. The end of Jan beginning of Feb usually gifts us with a sunny spell – I’m hanging in there knowing that will be on it’s way 🙏🏻 x

• BridJames 27th December 2021 at 5:18 pm

Thanks for agreeing Lawrie even though the cold affects you as much as it does. I went into the local shops today, it had been foggy but by the time I went out about 11am it was lifting into low cloud with slight moisture. It wasn’t exactly pleasant but at least the temperature was about average. I’ve just seen an AOL news item as I was signing into that which suggests that New Years Eve could be the mildest on record which does nothing but make me feel miserable.

• LawrieL 27th December 2021 at 8:01 pm

BridJames, Get yourself to the coast, I think the weather will suit you perfectly there! 😄 I walked the dogs in fine damp drizzle this afternoon. It wasn’t cold, but would have felt better if it had been. Everywhere was sodden and very slippery underfoot. No, we don’t need “mild”, we need a hard frost which should lift this awful depressing greyness!! Keep smiling Brid 😄

• BridJames 27th December 2021 at 8:09 pm

the Brid in my name is a reference to the coastal town where I live Lawrie but being on the Yorkshire coast is surprisingly rarely blessed with snow or frost but also it should be a bit less mild than further south which does suit me. :o)

• LawrieL 27th December 2021 at 8:19 pm

How lucky to live in a coastal town, but I’m guessing that can mean coastal fog which also clings to you. Perhaps head further north for a break if the cold weather suits you better. Maybe one of the Scottish islands is calling you. I’m in the Midlands – mediocre weather comes to mind. 🙄

• BridJames 27th December 2021 at 10:59 pm

if the Scottish Islands are calling me it’s probably another scam :o)

• min 27th December 2021 at 6:09 pm

No. Love it. We’ve got Jan and Feb to come, so don’t give up hope, Brid.

Add