Home Forums Bereavement Another Bereavement 😢😢😢

White Feathers Posted 1 year ago
Another Bereavement 😢😢😢

Yesterday I had another bereavement, 8 months after losing my husband I had the heartbreaking decision to make to end the suffering of our darling Rosie.

Rosie was 12 and a half years old and the prettiest Jack Russell terrier, she had beautiful curly fur and she enriched our lives with so much love and happiness.

My home is even more quieter now without her but I take comfort knowing she’s back in her beloved daddy’s arms and she’s getting so many cuddles and kisses again, I know how much she’s missed him.. Heaven must be so beautiful with our loved ones up there 😘
RIP my darlings I love and miss you both so much 😘😢😢😘

4 likes & 17 replies
    • Amy 1st February 2021 at 11:35 am

Hope ur ok pets are part of our family s

• White Feathers 1st February 2021 at 3:07 pm

Thankyou for your reply, been horrible without her x

• Amy 1st February 2021 at 3:14 pm

I can imagi9n it’s hard l losing a loved 1 and a pet I was widowed in aug so know how u feel x

• White Feathers 1st February 2021 at 5:09 pm

It’s just the worst isn’t it …. really hasn’t helped today finding out the vets have released my little Rosie to a pet cremation company that i never consented to , I’m not getting her back now until Thursday and at an additional cost to myself for the error of the PDSA 😡😡😡

• Paula’splace 13th February 2021 at 7:43 pm

They can be so heartless, I was there in pieces and the vet asked me to go to reception and pay before he put him down. I’d been going there for years. Don’t go there now. I was so angry when they offered cremation I refused and told him to carry him to the boot of my car . I buried him myself in the garden.

• White Feathers 14th February 2021 at 10:07 pm

Yes they are so bloody heartless but I’ve managed to get the money back and had her cremated where I wanted.

• Amy 1st February 2021 at 5:30 pm

That’s absolutely terrible shame on them if u need to chat I’m here

• Paula’splace 13th February 2021 at 7:40 pm

So sorry for your loss, a similar thing happened to me my husband passed away in February 2017 and my dear Cocker Spaniel Rufus six months later. I completely broke down at the vets when they came out with his paw bandaged with a line in and told me he had to go. Heartbreaking. I did say never again but I know have an adorable German Shepherd.

• White Feathers 14th February 2021 at 10:06 pm

Firstly sorry for the late response and secondly I am so so sorry for both your losses it’s just the worst isn’t it. I thought after my husband passed away that she would go with a broken heart as she went wherever he went, they both loved each other unconditionally. I am thinking of getting another 2, so they have company for each other if and when I decide to go back to work.

• Blauro 13th February 2021 at 11:47 pm

I’m so sorry that you have had to make the most difficult decision of all.
      Our pets are family members and it’s so hard to make that decision to end their suffering even though it is the last act of kindness that we can show them.
      Cherish the times that you have all spent together.
      Take care.

• White Feathers 14th February 2021 at 10:02 pm

Thankyou for your kind words and I apologise for my lateness in replying back … it is a dreadful thing to go through … but she’s out of her suffering now and that gives me comfort x

• Wakefield 9th March 2021 at 9:14 am

Healing hugs my lovely. ❤️❤️

• S 16th March 2021 at 8:29 am

I’m so sorry, I am glad that she has gone to look after your husband and I am sure they will both keep an eye on you x

Add