Home Forums General Am I the only lady who is missing male conversatio...

pamelamartin Posted 2 years ago
Am I the only lady who is missing male conversation and friendship!

20 likes & 70 replies
    • Peter24601 16th November 2020 at 11:38 pm

Let’s hope for a brighter year next year. Maybe we could all meet up and party.

• Marnie 24th November 2020 at 8:02 pm

That sounds like a good idea!
        Haven’t seen anybody but my daughter and her family for eight months now!
        Haven’t been to a restaurant
        or a large store in that time!

• Spanglydangly Jane 17th November 2020 at 12:04 am

No, I am too. 😕

• Deleted User 17th November 2020 at 4:22 am

Well..I think there are quite a few of us here..what would you like to talk about? Maybe there is already a thread on a topic…or you could start one?

• Georgie 1 26th November 2020 at 5:41 am

Why are you anonymous s or don’t have a picture

• Compass 360 26th November 2020 at 5:15 pm

I don’t bother with people like that, strange 😊
          I’m from Hampshire, Number one County 🤣 Which one are you ?
          Bad news about the 3 tier system, it’s 2 here unless you live on the IOW. I deal with it by going walkabout every day in the woods or along the river. I’ve been separated for the past 4 years and really miss la femme bending my ear 🤔 especially during this lockdown.
          So if you want to converse with me, I’d like that. If you don’t, we’ll make the most of what you’ve got and stay safe and focussed 🌹

• Rubylynne 24th November 2020 at 12:43 pm

I think lots of us miss a male partner/friend some one to enjoy life with

• Rubylynne 24th November 2020 at 12:46 pm

I am feeling much more optimistic that may be by next spring we will
      Be getting back to meeting up with new friends in the meantime we can
      Get to know you all who want to connect

• Brighton Belle 25th November 2020 at 10:01 pm

I’ve booked holiday to Benidorm for my birthday next November 2021 something to look forward to in the New Year

• Georgie 1 26th November 2020 at 5:38 am

Hi no your not the only one hun I do too x

• Georgie 1 26th November 2020 at 5:39 am

No I do too hun x

• paulinevaughan2015 26th November 2020 at 5:53 am

Hi Pamela

No your not. I am not long returned from a month at my sons.
      It’s made me realise I miss company of any type but particularly family life.

• dazliss 26th November 2020 at 10:09 am

I feel we can all support each other at times like this, after all isn’t this section of the website called community? So a big hello to everyone who needs to hear it right now. I hope you are all ok ☺️

• Jenny C King 26th November 2020 at 12:51 pm

Hell no!

• Sue 28th November 2020 at 7:27 am

No way!

• Deleted User 2nd December 2020 at 11:36 pm

No you are not. I miss it very much. I do get very lonely and have become rather reclusive especially over this last year.

• Deleted User 24th December 2020 at 2:48 am

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps chatting with people on here by private message would be some form of company for you? Please feel free to pm me if you’d like to chat? 😊 Take care x

• Brighton Belle 11th December 2020 at 9:57 pm

What conversation football and fishing……

• LeighS 11th December 2020 at 10:23 pm

I have two sons who are great, but it isn’t quite the same talking to them as it is to someone who is a similar age to you or directly related to you, if that makes sense!

• loislane 12th December 2020 at 12:57 am

Exactly makes sense to me, I live with my two sons, one is quiet and the other is quite a good conversation last, but, it’s not the same as someone our own age, who knows our era.

• Deleted User 11th December 2020 at 10:25 pm

Not at all, this Covid situation is making it almost impossible.

• loislane 12th December 2020 at 12:51 am

No you’re not, I am, luckily I’m chatting to a couple of men on a dating site. Do have to be careful who I talk to, but it’s fun at the moment, I like their perspectives on things and good old fashioned banter.

• Helenstr 23rd December 2020 at 6:05 pm

No you are not having been widowed twice I really miss the absence of male conversation especially in these strange times of not being able to meet socially with friends

• Brighton Belle 5th January 2021 at 6:46 am

I mix with male company at work that’s enough for me…..

• J.A 6th January 2021 at 10:38 am

Hi Pamela,

You are not alone. It’s been quite some time since I was last in the company of a male. Mostly because I am single and don’t have any male friends.

• Dermac 21st January 2021 at 2:23 am

Hi jo Ann,iam a 64 year old, Scotsman,lived and worked in london, the past 30 years, retired now, but due to the virus, everyone’s life, is on hold, ive been on my own the last 2years, and don’t have many female friends, I’ve never married, nearly, but it just never happened for me, be great to meet up once this is over, and we’re allowed to let our hair down, one of the community members pointed out, we will have a good party when this is all over, i dont drink , but I love to dance, and enjoy myself, and people smiling makes everyone happy, love my garden, and animals, painting model making, restoring furniture etc like being creative,to me iam just an normal guy, with so many hobbies, love traveling, canaria malta, but that’s probably a thing of the past going to these places, one day at a time, enjoy life now, we all know it’s not easy, with the virus,but lets all help each other, and be the best wee community, and jo Ann talk about anything 👍be great to hear from you

• Deleted User 22nd January 2021 at 3:50 pm

That is a problem

• Yalesh 17th January 2021 at 9:19 pm

Hi Pamela I’m a 50yo man and it works both ways believe me! I’ve joined this community to have new conversations with new people and am hoping some of those will be ladies ! Looking forward to getting female perspectives on so many things- fingers crossed!

• Deleted User 18th January 2021 at 2:18 am

Yes. But I’m missing everyone I can’t meet.

Annella

• Marica 18th January 2021 at 1:42 pm

I think most women miss having a good male perspective on things and a good indepth male /female conversation helps make the world go round. A lot of my friends who are single or separated or widowed still seem to have a male friend, maybe a friend of their husbands, in the background to offer advice and I found after losing my husband, there was no one. I felt a bit upset that i was just out there on my own, not that i wanted a relationship but just sad I had no one, not even my husband’s brother who was not very helpful in any way , or his friends (who had all gone their own way after he got ill) to call on . However, I think we all have a lesson in life to learn and mine is to be on my own and learn to embrace it.

It is nice to see some good male comments on here though , a good balance. But I cannot see myself ever meeting anyone else again sadly

• Shiraz 20th January 2021 at 2:47 pm

Try adding a photo. It’s easier if you can see who you’re chatting to xx

• Amy Silverston 20th January 2021 at 4:25 pm

You are definitely not the only solo woman missing male companionship. There are many more widows than widowers for various demographic reasons, and widowers tend to remarry much more quickly, being less capable of looking after themselves (gross generalisation, but based on truth).

A divorced friend found herself regarded as a predatory female by female friends, and had to be careful not to talk to other people’s husbands/partners for too long. I suspect widows are regarded similarly.

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 12:06 am

Amy, how could you!!!

“widowers tend to remarry much more quickly, being less capable of looking after themselves”

I can make a white sauce, wash and iron, put on a duvet cover in the blink of an eye, counsel a daughter and when required can plump a cushion! Additionally I’m rather partial to stripes in my hoovered carpets, a well managed budget and a birthday card sent within the correct timescale!

Dare I suggest that I can also reverse park, change a plug and get tight lids of jars!🙄

Who’s up for a chat?

• Dermac 21st January 2021 at 2:30 am

Well my friend , you’ve got it all, and best of luck

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 7:37 am

And the same to you Dermac – I’m far from having it all, I guess like most of us I’m a work in progress!

• Deleted User 21st January 2021 at 2:18 pm

Andy, you certainly know how to make people smile that’s for sure!

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 3:21 pm

Margaret thank you!

• Amy Silverston 21st January 2021 at 3:16 pm

I did say it was a gross over generalisation, but with more than a grain of truth. I read about the phenomenon when I was at university doing social sciences, at the same time witnessing my mother (single for about six years) marry the widower of a late colleague only a couple of years after Brenda had died.

Reports that come up when you search, ‘why do widowers remarry early’ cite how many men have far fewer close friends than do women, and seek to fill the gaping hole in their personal lives after they lose their wives. It’s not a criticism, one feels dreadfully sorry for them.

Meanwhile, I taught all three of my boys to make bechemel sauce and bread, use the washing machine but I have yet to find a way of making housework a desirable occupation.

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 3:31 pm

Obviously my reply was intended to be somewhat playful Amy; however on a more serious note (it’s a rare occurrence but I do go there on occasion), I’d suggest that there is of course a distinction between choice and capability!

Domestic duties can be a chore, however stripy carpets have become a passion! Possibly I need lock down to end quite quickly! 🙄

• Amy Silverston 21st January 2021 at 3:43 pm

Someone get Pres Biden to sign an executive order preventing this man from ever seeing a Japanese raked shingle garden…

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 3:59 pm

Too late Amy – Google is my friend and the gravel is on order!

As well as new slippers, I suspect it’s going to make the living room crunchy!

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 10:08 pm

Until the gravel turns up!

• Amy Silverston 21st January 2021 at 10:35 pm

You’re lucky you haven’t got moths in your carpet. They chew distressingly random designs.

• Andy Paddles 21st January 2021 at 10:40 pm

Random will not be tolerated Amy! 🙄

• Catwoman 20th January 2021 at 5:47 pm

I have male friends on Facebook we message daily but it would be brilliant to actually meet up again

• KazzM 20th January 2021 at 10:09 pm

It’s very hard, I’ve tried various dating websites to try to meet someone but I seem to only get contacted by men wanting one nigh stands , in fact one just wanted a day in a ‘lovely hotel’………I know there are lots of lovely men out there, so if someone could point me in the right direction!

• Newkidonthesite 20th January 2021 at 11:05 pm

Hello my name is bob come say hi let’s have a chat

• J.A 21st January 2021 at 7:36 am

Hi Pamela, Dermac, one and all, how is every one? Fed up now with having to stay in. I can be with myself if that makes sense but in need of company. It’s really strange that on a day to day basis staying in is fine, yet when indirectly forced to stay in, it becomes much more difficult, especially as it’s dragged on for so long. ( I just had to get those thoughts out. )

A general question, do you have a favourite song, if so which one if you want to share that! Have a good day everyone.

• Kazzy62 22nd January 2021 at 6:18 am

No lol I am as well .

Add