Home Forums Food & Drink Air fryers

Polly54 Posted 5 months ago
Air fryers

Does anyone have one, what’s your opinion on them and which one do you have, which brand would you recommend.
I’m looking to get one but I’m so confused 🤷🏿‍♀️, as there’s only the two of us would it be wise to buy a bigger one so that we’ve got then the option to cook more should we have relatives staying.
Thank you

20 replies
    • Mad Ralph 29th December 2021 at 3:32 pm

Hi. My advice should be to buy the biggest one you can. For them to work properly you need to cook the food in a single layer, if you overload the cooking basket they don’t work so well.

• Kenton 29th December 2021 at 3:47 pm

Please refer to a previous post by ‘Always’ very helpful on the same subject. 🧑‍🏫

• Polly54 29th December 2021 at 5:42 pm

Thank you for your replies, I did as suggested and had look at the other “air fryers” post I found it very informative and interesting.

Once again thank you

• Always 29th December 2021 at 6:00 pm

What you going g with Polly? We’ve clearly both been looking at the same time 😂 I’m thinking the Ninja foodie max duel

• Polly54 29th December 2021 at 6:12 pm

I’ve been looking at the Tower brand and I agree with a reply I got and that was to buy a bigger machine because I would find it irritating if I bought a smaller one and couldn’t do all I wanted at the same time

• Always 29th December 2021 at 6:16 pm

I’m going with the duel so I can either cook two things at once or support bigger portions . Let me know how you get on and we can share some tips and recipes x

• Kathscot 31st December 2021 at 12:08 pm

I have a Tower vortex pro ( Christmas present) and you can cook anything in it that you can cook in a big oven There is a tower site on FB giving advice and recipes and also recipe books on Amazon I’ve never stopped using mine since I got it

• tang.sue0104 31st December 2021 at 12:48 pm

Can anyone advise me if the Ninja pro dual 9.5 litre airfryer is suitable for baking sourdough loaves in please? So either round or oval shapes, not in a tin. When it comes to cleaning it, is it really very easy as I see it’s quite a heavy machine to lug in and out of or over to the sink to wash/wipe out. I have never used or even seen anyone use before so sorry if this seems a dumb question….

• Mad Ralph 31st December 2021 at 1:07 pm

The draws and baskets are dishwasher safe but I usually hand wash them in the sink. The interior of the machine doesn’t get very dirty so it only needs a quick wipe inside once every few uses. The only part that’s hard to clean is the part where the heating element is but this doesn’t come into contact with the food so it’s not a big issue.
      (Although I think it needs a re-design for future models)

• Matteus Rosso 2nd January 2022 at 6:24 pm

I bought one and used it twice… nuff said [tho possibly about me lol!]

• paul141 24th January 2022 at 6:15 pm

hi polly,i bought the new innotech kitchen pro,its a brilliant addition to cooking ,it saves me using the cooker and is so easy to use and keep clean

• Polly54 24th January 2022 at 8:17 pm

Since posting my question I’ve bought a Tower 11L and I’m just getting to know it but so far I’m loving it

• Woodcrafter-Keith 24th January 2022 at 8:32 pm

I’ve not got an air fryer but I have got a halogen cooker that a friend recently gave me and I have to say it’s amazing it cooks literally anything brilliantly in no time at all

My mum just has one of them and a double hob , dad took the cooker out completely because she kept leaving the gas on

• paul141 24th January 2022 at 9:23 pm

innfotec comes standard with rottisory that is removeable and can cook whole chichens and joints of meat

Add