Home Forums History & Nostalgia Ah my most favourite car that I’ve ever owned! I...

Deleted User Posted 1 year ago
Ah my most favourite car that I’ve ever owned! I’d love to think it is still on the road.
38 likes & 43 replies
    • walkthewalk linuxmail 8th February 2021 at 12:09 pm

In a field beside the A23 c. 1/2 mile inside the M25

• Louby Lou 8th February 2021 at 12:16 pm

Did you give it a name ?? 😃

• Josie The Black Country Wench 8th February 2021 at 10:47 pm

Love it. Just like our Flossie. What colour was it?

• PeaceLily 9th February 2021 at 6:44 am

Gosh that brings back memories. I remember my father had two at one point. I can picture them parked in the drive. I have seen one on the road some years back.

• e17hedgehog 9th February 2021 at 10:54 am

At least it looks like the number plate is still out there!

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

• loislane 9th February 2021 at 11:49 pm

Let’s hope so, I like seeing the older cars

• Marica 27th February 2021 at 12:57 pm

My uncle had one of these and we went everywhere in it , an amazing car

• Deleted User 27th February 2021 at 3:34 pm

No alas not. It was the 1970s version. Westfalia.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 27th February 2021 at 4:54 pm

In those days of no seat belts of course, the kids could pile in the back too and sit waving at the car behind!

• Marica 27th February 2021 at 7:10 pm

Scary thought with no seat belts , The way my uncle drove his car , whilst trying to roll a cigarette at the same time, I am stunned I am still sitting here talking to you lot!

• Mikie P 2nd March 2021 at 12:03 pm

My dad had one when I was 12 (1960). Used to polish it every week to keep the woodwork in good order.

• Townsend like chat 29th March 2021 at 3:29 pm

I had one

• Carol.L 29th March 2021 at 3:36 pm

Loved those half-timbered cars!

• Deleted User 2nd April 2021 at 3:05 am

Was my mums first car in the seventies 😁

• johnp 9th May 2021 at 3:41 pm

I have a friend who has a 1960 Morris Minor saloon. She has the nickname ‘Daisy’ as she is Olde English White in colour. The Morris Minor and Traveller is still a popular classic. There are serveral active (and a few dormant) examples around my local area.

• Fluffy 9th May 2021 at 3:48 pm

my dad had one when i was a nipper , he was always working on it

• Tennis Son 2nd August 2021 at 10:48 am

I last had a drive in one of these in 1993.
      Fantastic car !

• Tommy the cyclist 8th August 2021 at 10:57 am

Loved them car s. I had three in all fed simple to work on as well, the point, and all that, happy days

• Bryanthemercman 8th August 2021 at 11:11 am

This is Ernie my 1966 Riley Elf which took 5 years to restore and is currently having a gearbox upgrade.

• Greengirl 14th August 2021 at 1:03 pm

Love these cars!

• reliquit 22nd August 2021 at 11:12 am

Of all the cars I have owned down the years, my absolute favourite has to be this beast – a 1996 3.1 litre old-technology diesel SWB Isuzu Trooper! I wanted a 4WD to tow a caravan, and as soon as I saw this I fell in love. I had it for 9 years (2004-2013). With low- or standard-ratios, 2 or 4 wheel drive and that hugely powerful engine, in the right gear and with the right tyres it would climb a brick wall! (Well, not exactly, but you know what I mean).

Unfortunately I had to sell it because of 1) the sheer madness of the fuel consumption – 20mpg solo and 14mpg towing, and 2) Isuzu stopped manufacturing them in 2008ish and also stopped manufacturing spares for them – so any spares needed had to come from scrapped vehicles.

It is still running – I saw it a couple of months ago.

• Anonymous User (no longer active) 14th October 2021 at 7:31 pm

OMG! A Morris Minor “Traveller”. My parents had one when I was very little, back in the late 1960s. I used to have to ride in the dog compartment at the back while my two older sisters sat on the back seat (and I pulled their hair from behind).

• Deleted User 14th October 2021 at 9:22 pm

1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass.

Five and half litre V8 engine.

Manual box had been fitted in America and shipped to Germany for an American officer.

Press a button and the soft top disappeared press again it came back.

140 mph.

The handbrake hadn’t been changed from when it was an automatic meaning it was a fourth pedal… chrome ratchet affair and very challenging to pull away from a standing start on a hill especially if some clown had pulled up way to close.

Few times I had to get out go to the car behind and say this car weighs around two and half tons and because of your bad driving I’m going to roll back and then bounce of you… I’ll be as gentle as possible and I did and was.

I no longer have any pictures but this is same colour everything only difference being the very modern wheels on this.

1979 I brought this from the Black Knight at Gwrych Castle Abergele North Wales yes the castle of Ant and Dec fame.

• Alan J 22nd October 2021 at 8:43 pm

Morris Traveller, Fantastic, whenCars didn’t Look all the Same.

• Alan J 22nd October 2021 at 8:50 pm

The Cars That I have Owned in the past Two stand out, the first was my 3500Rover (1976) Wesbasto Sunroof, with the spare wheel on the Boot.
      The Second, Ford Sapphire Cosworth (1990) in Magenta Red, all I can say about that is “Oh MY Fxxxxxx Good God” needless to say my wife had me sell it Within Seven Months!.
      My Present Car for the last Nine Years has been a Mercedes, and it will be my last Car, but it doesnt come close to those mentioned above.

And Yes, I know how much they would be worth now if I had kept them LOL

• siandeve15 22nd October 2021 at 8:57 pm

My first car was a white Hillman Imp.
      E. 1967 reg.
      Bought for £250.
      Great little first car.
      Owned it for 3 years until it acquired issues etc.
      Sold it for £325.
      Fond memory’s.
      The car I drive now is a Scoda Superb 4 x 4 Desial
      2 litre automatic.
      Bought two years old at
      £22.000.

• Brighton Belle 24th October 2021 at 9:02 am

My little Maroon MG reg SWF 972S know she was sprayed white as friend bought off me for his girlfriends birthday pressie……

• backofbeyond 20th December 2021 at 4:02 pm

Saw one of the Travellers on the road earlier today, so at least one being used in less than sunny conditions. Cars have come and gone out of my life over the decades but one has remained, and is still in the garage (and road legal + running!) today. It’ll never get sold and I suspect my son will inherit it in due course. I bought it in the early 80’s when they were just ‘old cars’ that nobody wanted. These days of course they’re ‘cherished classics and priced way beyond what I could afford now. (1969 Lotus Elan if you don’t recognise it)

• Deleted User 11th January 2022 at 5:40 pm

I see a brown & a green coloured Morris cars being driven around the East Devon area quite frequently.

Add