Home Forums History & Nostalgia Ah my most favourite car that I’ve ever owned! I...

• Ah my most favourite car that I’ve ever owned! I’d love to think it is still on the road.

Attachments:
    Posted by Anonymous User
    • Reply by walkthewalk linuxmail

In a field beside the A23 c. 1/2 mile inside the M25

Attachments:
      • Reply by Anonymous User

Too far gone?

• Reply by Louby Lou

Did you give it a name ?? 😃

Morris! Uninspired I know!

• Reply by Josie The Black Country Wench

Love it. Just like our Flossie. What colour was it?

• Reply by PeaceLily

Gosh that brings back memories. I remember my father had two at one point. I can picture them parked in the drive. I have seen one on the road some years back.

I’d love to get another just for fun!

This one found in a garage. It hadn’t been driven for two years! My father got it started and I drove it home! It cost £70 to get it through an MOT!

• Reply by e17hedgehog

At least it looks like the number plate is still out there!

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/VehicleFound?locale=en

I hope it is with the car. So often the plate is sold!

Volkswagen Fox

• Reply by loislane

Let’s hope so, I like seeing the older cars

• Reply by Marica

My uncle had one of these and we went everywhere in it , an amazing car

Yes I agree. I broke down once and a passer by whacked the engine with his walking stick and I was up and running again.

• Reply by Marica

I love the methods of getting it working again! That would never happen with a hybrid!! I had a black VW beetle as my first car with a number plate that would have bee worth thousands now , I really should have kept that plate!!

Yes but it’s lovely when cars are left original. I love the Beetle, I’ve had a couple VW campers! One was a bay window type! So much fun!

• Reply by Marica

That sounds a really unusual one Sean, never seen one that I remember like that. Did you get photos of those as well?

I had 3 Beetles over 15ish years, last was a LHD Jeans Beetle with denim seat covers! Happy days except changing engine oil every 1500 miles! Manual said 3000 but the enthusiasts said 1500!

• Reply by Gill B

Soo funny

No alas not. It was the 1970s version. Westfalia.

• Reply by Gill B

In those days of no seat belts of course, the kids could pile in the back too and sit waving at the car behind!

• Reply by Marica

Scary thought with no seat belts , The way my uncle drove his car , whilst trying to roll a cigarette at the same time, I am stunned I am still sitting here talking to you lot!

• Reply by Mikie P

My dad had one when I was 12 (1960). Used to polish it every week to keep the woodwork in good order.

• Reply by Townsend like chat

I had one

• Reply by Carol.L

Loved those half-timbered cars!

Was my mums first car in the seventies 😁

• Reply by johnp

I have a friend who has a 1960 Morris Minor saloon. She has the nickname ‘Daisy’ as she is Olde English White in colour. The Morris Minor and Traveller is still a popular classic. There are serveral active (and a few dormant) examples around my local area.

• Reply by Fluffy

my dad had one when i was a nipper , he was always working on it

• Reply by Tennis Son

I last had a drive in one of these in 1993.
      Fantastic car !

Add