Home Forums Science & Nature Absolutely amazing documentary

Deleted User Posted 10 months ago
Absolutely amazing documentary

Do yourself a favour, watch this on Netflix … it is truly 🤯🍄

14 likes & 41 replies
    • Deleted User 7th August 2021 at 9:53 pm

I’ve had magic mushrooms and they are a truly remarkable experience.
      Don’t listen to governments and media which like to have control of your mind.
      How can something that grows in the ground in abundance in millions of places be deemed criminal or anti social?
      I’m sure I’ll get a lot of stick for saying… in the right circumstances try it before you deny it based on the Daily Mail.
      Don’t do it alone.
      Do it in a safe place with an experienced person just to give you peace of mind and a little direction.

• Deleted User 7th August 2021 at 10:10 pm

The medicinal value of magic mushrooms and other fungi are now scientifically proven, so that’s fact … if supervised accordingly, these are great healing methods especially for depression, tSD & anxiety – but as they are so effectivemp, thete is no “money” to be made for big pharma ..
        go figure .
        …. yet the legislations around it… Especially in Europe have loosened greatly including fungi for cancer treatment & Altzheimers.
        But this is not a documentary glorifying magic mushrooms to get high … it simply highlights the versatile uses, including fungi that can clean up oil spills and help with other natural disasters,
        And the amazingly complex community they build for other species. I was absolutely blown away by the whole content of this documentary … as I am also a big fan of biomimicry …

• LawrieL 8th August 2021 at 9:27 am

This truly fascinates me. Apologies for my ignorance, but do I need to sign up for Netflix (silver surfer left behind by modern technology ☹️)

• lindsay 8th August 2021 at 10:17 am

It’s a subscription service – about 6 quid a month unless you know someone who has a premium subscription who can share it with you, it is good value and they show old BBC, C4 and ITV stuff, films, docs, plus some good original stuff. I like it.

• LawrieL 8th August 2021 at 10:28 am

Lindsay. Thank you. I guessed that may be the case. I never seem to have enough spare time to make full use of Netflix – maybe winter time it would prove more worthwhile.

• lindsay 8th August 2021 at 10:57 am

It’s very user friendly and a nice bit of escapism!

• Deleted User 8th August 2021 at 12:17 pm

Hi Lawrie. There is a direct option if you register on their website you get 3 free videos to watch …
        and your friend in Belgium can get access this way too >> https://fantasticfungi.com/

• Lizzib 8th August 2021 at 7:51 pm

Also available on Amazon Prime Video.

• LawrieL 8th August 2021 at 8:37 pm

Thank you Lizzib. I have a link that offers either rent for 3 days or buy. I believe my sister has Amazon Prime video, so another option for me to look into.

• min 8th August 2021 at 8:42 pm

Lawrie, if you don’t want to commit to a subscription, go to youtube. There’s a 2 min trailer for the film. (you might want to check the trailer any way.)

There’s also loads of stuff on youtube about fungi. My “thing” is slime moulds – I found loads of videos on them.

Also, remember, antibiotics come from fungi – you could probably find stuff about them on youtube. I’ll go take a look now.

• LawrieL 9th August 2021 at 6:05 pm

Min thank you! Not sure I would be as fascinated as you are about slime moulds, but I confess I know nothing about them, just that the word slime puts me off. 🤢 Yes, I found trailer on YouTube (thank you for that) and about to order the video of the film this evening.

• min 9th August 2021 at 7:15 pm

Good for you, Lawrie! Hope you enjoy the vid.

(LOL, love the emoticon! )

• LawrieL 9th August 2021 at 8:20 pm

Got to see half of the video (very interesting) then it stopped working ☹️

• min 9th August 2021 at 8:44 pm

erk! not good huh? Any chance of retrieving it?

• LawrieL 9th August 2021 at 8:52 pm

Yeah!! Managed to retrieve it. I’ve had jars of organic mushroom powder sat in my fridge for ages …. I need to start using it!!!

• min 10th August 2021 at 7:53 pm

Good. you’ve seen the whole film, Lawrie. Go carefully with that aged mushroom powder!

• lindsay 8th August 2021 at 10:14 am

Wow thanks for this!! Looks amazing!

• LawrieL 8th August 2021 at 10:29 am

I wonder if it’s available in any other form – my friend in Belgium would also be interested in watching, but like me doesn’t have Netflix.

• Babs70 8th August 2021 at 10:34 am

Will give that a go later thanks for recommending

• Lizzib 8th August 2021 at 7:55 pm

Totally fascinating. I’m writing a novel based on the relationships between fungal networks, plants and insects and how they might combat global warming and save the planet from man’s excesses. This has assured me I’m not far off the mark!

• LawrieL 8th August 2021 at 8:32 pm

Lizzib. Well done you for writing about such a huge subject, I wouldn’t know where to start. You must let us know when it’s published!

• mdshamilton 10th August 2021 at 12:29 pm

If you are interested in how fungi enable communication between trees Suzanne Simard wrote the 2021 book “Finding the Mother Tree” and has a number of videos and lectures on YouTube.

• Vixster 10th August 2021 at 4:12 pm

I saw the word mushroom and have to add that portobello mushroom (instead of meat) burger is to die for and I’m not even vegetarian!

• Daisychain 10th August 2021 at 6:59 pm

Fungi are also essential for the oak tree especially the old ones. I’m just amazed at the versatility of all living things to create bonds in the most unlikely of places and we are busy destroying our beautiful planet for personal gain. My daughter and I are planning to watch this programme later this week. Thank you for the reminder.

• Julie777 12th August 2021 at 3:17 pm

I would love to learn more about this, I am so interested in foraging and learning about the benefits of what nature gives us. Xxxx

• Daisychain 12th August 2021 at 6:29 pm

Watched it last night. It was fascinating. It’s rather strange that these discoveries are not more talked about. I remember the 1960s when hallucinogenic were a matter of experimentation. The powers that be soon put a lid on that.

So many of our medicines are derived from plants and fungi, penicillin being just one. As an aside, antibiotics are delivered orally but as a child I cut my hand badly and our local GP used yellow penicillin powder actually in the cut. For external injuries, surely this would be better as it would not disrupt the micro biome in our gut. Oh yes, I forgot, there is less money to be made that way.

• Baldybloke 13th August 2021 at 4:06 pm

Watched this the other night and thought it was brilliant, The photography was absolutely amazing. Certainly the best thing I have seen on Netflix to date.

• Baldybloke 13th August 2021 at 4:29 pm

The Hidden life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben is worth a read too which is probably what the film is based upon.

Add