Home Forums General Have you guys put your goals set for this Year int...

Mo001 Posted 5 months ago
Have you guys put your goals set for this Year into action or have you set new ones and are you smashing them 🤔🤔🤔
9 likes & 103 replies
    • Anonymous User (no longer active) 19th December 2021 at 12:06 am

For the new year? Finally complete our move, find a less stressful job and get more involved with local interests if possible.

• Always 19th December 2021 at 5:11 am

I always try not to make plans or resolutions for new year as I often end up feeling like a failure by mid January!

If I had to say what I’d like to achieve next year it’d be to continue to widen my friendship group, get back to some travelling and enjoy some time doing my own thing!

Hmm quite a selfish wish list? I do obviously wish for all the other stuff, peace on earth, an end to the pandemic and suffering especially to children but I wish for those things all the time

Finally I wish anyone taking the time to read my sentimental babbling a happy healthy and fun filled 2022 xx

• Robert K 19th December 2021 at 7:52 am

I would like to do the same as 2021 again actually. That might sound boring but:
      I have my health
      No one I know died
      No great dramas
      Feeling positive.

Oh, okay – I’m hoping Covid will recede to a tiny dot in the distance.

• Moondaisy 19th December 2021 at 7:59 am

I’ve decided to do away with the tv. Spend more time meditating and reading. Get myself out of the routine rut I’m currently in and get out more with mother nature, appreciate her more.
      Namaste.

• George W 19th December 2021 at 8:26 am

Do more Scottish Island hopping…hoping to get to Tiree and Coll in early March .

• The Happy Camper 19th December 2021 at 9:25 am

Hi Mo,

I have no need to think about a reply to another fine question.

As soon as this week, I’ll be heading to Manchester to go bike shopping to treat myself to something special in readiness for a cycling adventure next spring/early summer, that will benefit a cancer charity. I think I’m equally excited about planning the adventure as I am about embarking on the trip.

Hopefully 4 or 5 days of cycling bliss, aching limbs, magnificent scenery and brilliant times with whoever chooses to join me.

But first, the shopping and I can’t wait.

I’ll be making sure when John Lennon utters the words ‘what have you done?’ I have my answer ready.🚴

In addition to a cycling adventure I’ll be perusing my Great British Adventure map in the coming weeks, to dream up new adventures wherever they might be. There’s a blank canvas to start filling for ’22.

What is your hope or wish for ’22 Mo?

• Mo001 19th December 2021 at 1:15 pm

I’m going down the physical route too. New pair of running shoes for Xmas. Running definitely helps me feel healthy and positive and I’m hoping to run a couple of races next year.

Hoping that covid is under control, for us all to achieve our goals.

We have a couple of excellent bike shops in Aberdeen, but not sure how your going to decide on one, as the choice is amazing. Sounds like a fantastic trip and it’s brilliant your doing it for charity. Enjoy the ride 😊

• Mary A 25th December 2021 at 10:26 pm

Running? Good for you Mo, it’s something I’d love to have taken up but power walking is as fast as it gets with me!

• Mo001 25th December 2021 at 10:59 pm

Merry Xmas Mary, power walking is just as good for you and is less stress on the joints, so it’s all good. I’ve just always done some form of fitness and I’m into the running at the moment. It’s just great to be outdoors and we are blessed with such natural beauty all around us 😊

• The Happy Camper 2nd April 2022 at 1:03 pm

Hi again Mo (and the other contributors),
          I’m wondering how your ambitions for the new year are progressing three months into ’22.
          I now have a fantastic touring/gravel bike, ready for new adventures.
          Curiously, a new and unexpected passion has arrived at my door.
          After spotting an online advert in early January, I headed to the local British Legion to join the local ‘Learn to play ukulele’ club. The name of the instrument had me intrigued. Since then I’ve met a lovely bunch of fellow novices and the best part, we play our first show in a few weeks time. I really didn’t see this new pastime coming.
          I wonder how the other contributors resolutions are coming to life … 🤔

• Mo001 2nd April 2022 at 4:55 pm

Hi H.C., that’s fantastic news that your new hobby has lead to meeting a lovely group of people and the opportunity to play in a show in a few weeks time 😎

Have you decided on your cycling route for your charity race this summer???? 😊

I’m quite an introverted person, so this year I’m doing something I’ve never done before but I’m really pleased with myself that I’ve taken myself out of my comfort zone and arranged an RL meet up for anyone who can manage to come. It’s at the end of this Month in Barnstaple (Devon). With an Edinburgh meet up in Sept and a Cardiff one in Nov in the pipeline. I’m really excited about meeting people from RL as it did help me get through a tough time last year 😊

• The Happy Camper 2nd April 2022 at 10:18 pm

Hi Mo,
          It’s lovely to read the RL community helped you through the last year. I feel that the topics you post continually gain a fantastic response. I don’t think it’s easy to achieve. Full credit to you.👏👏
          You sound like you’re looking forward to the RL Meet ups. I’m sure Devon, Edinburgh and Cardiff will contrast greatly and appeal in many different ways. An opportunity for a few days break and meet some familiar faces. Hope you have a great time.👍
          Still haven’t chosen a cycling route. My allotment (and the ukulele) are demanding my time.👨‍🌾🎵🎶

• Mo001 2nd April 2022 at 10:36 pm

Thanks H.C.

Let me know which route you finally decide on 😊 and enjoy your performance coming up, it sounds a lot of fun 😊

• Mary A 25th December 2021 at 10:24 pm

Sounds like a great plan Happy Camper. I bought myself a new bike last year but fell off it and really hurt myself. I’m going to get back on in the New Year though. I’m determined. Cycling is such fun and Dumfries & Galloway has loads of fab routes. We’re lucky!

• Mac207 19th December 2021 at 9:37 am

I hope to get our charity some better exposure and funding so we can help many more people.

You can see what we do here https://www.flow-for-all.org (are we allowed to post links)?

• Shirlann 19th December 2021 at 9:40 am

Given up hoping or wishing 🤔😁just going with the flow now 😏

• Shirlann 19th December 2021 at 1:57 pm

Probably going to do what I do every 31st December make lists of things that I’m going to change and do 🙄😁and then just forget them!😂

• Linpap 19th December 2021 at 4:07 pm

Another thread on here about friends has made me think that what I most hope to achieve next year is to catch up with as many old friends as possible, they are scattered around this country and overseas – for some reason in the past year I have only managed to visit a few but am hoping to get around many more in the coming year I’d better start warning them!!

• Cheers on toast 20th December 2021 at 11:08 am

Just saw this!

• Mo001 20th December 2021 at 11:51 am

What!!!! so we’re going to have to cancel your surprise Restless birthday bash???? 🎉🍾🍺🍹🎂😉

• Brad_66 20th December 2021 at 2:50 pm

Physical perfection 🤣🤣

• Brad_66 22nd December 2021 at 6:13 pm

Finally getting my house done. Growing my business. Getting fit again after Covid. Expanding my social connections 😌

• Moya 22nd December 2021 at 8:58 pm

getting new knees and having another birthday

• HH 2021 22nd December 2021 at 9:24 pm

I Love to meet new people, perhaps get a new hobby, maybe I’ll try dancing? ( been saying that for a while, I will do it one day) Look for another part time job, hopefully keep my sanity amongst all the doom and gloom going on in the world at the moment!

• Tinyteacher 22nd December 2021 at 9:54 pm

A new job and more freedom. 😊

• Dennis 23rd December 2021 at 7:05 am

Well I’ve booked myself in for the Great South run last weekend so hoping to pick up on my running and general fitness.
      I also need to address my work/life balance, I’m working far too much for this stage in life and hopefully some semi retirement plans will kick in this year so I can spend more time with my Grandkids

• Tim17 23rd December 2021 at 8:31 am

Hoping n wishing to travel again we will see
      Making new friends it’s hard but wud love to make new friends

• Mo001 23rd December 2021 at 8:34 am

Tim, those 2 wishes are on my list too. Let’s hope we are both successful 😊

• Tim17 27th December 2021 at 10:39 am

I love keeping fit too use to run but road running ruined my knee so turned to cycling no impact on your knees but for now my new favourite is goin gym n swimming let’s hope we both get out n about

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 8:41 pm

I’m the same in that I’ve always did some form of fitness. At the moment I’m enjoying running but I know what you mean about damage to the knees, so when things open up a bit more I’ll try and mix it up a bit.

• Moya 27th December 2021 at 8:29 pm

Tim, why/how is it hard? If you can answer that question you’re half way to knowing how to change the situation.. Good luck

• Tinyteacher 23rd December 2021 at 4:32 pm

A new job!

• Tim17 27th December 2021 at 10:11 am

Well I wud love to travel not seen my girlfriend for 2 years in the Philippines apart that want to travel to turkey too it’s a great place

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 10:13 am

Sorry to hear it’s been that long since you’ve seen your girlfriend. Have you made plans to see her this year???

• Tim17 27th December 2021 at 10:22 am

No not yet we’re on there red list but hoping n really fancy turkey I don’t recommend long distance that’s why I’m on ere wanna make new friends life’s to short to wait forever
      How about u

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 10:26 am

I agree that long distance travel appears to be very difficult at the moment. That’s why I’m trying to arrange a Devon meet up in Apr, as it’s going to be UK trips for me in 22.

• Utterly bemused 27th December 2021 at 11:29 am

Hoping to regain a sense of optimism and positivity

• Lillibelle 27th December 2021 at 12:23 pm

I’ve go to get to Oz to see my daughter and grandsons . Haven’t seen them for 3 years . So 🤞🤞

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 6:38 pm

That’s definitely a must Lillibelle. Very exciting. Have you booked anything yet or are there still restrictions on flying there?? x

• Lillibelle 27th December 2021 at 10:35 pm

Not booked yet . Terrified things will change mid- air , as they do sometimes . Don’t want to be bunged into quarantine on arrival . 😕
          Guess I have to take the bull by the horns and get down to it . Can’t wait much longer ! X

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 10:42 pm

Really sorry to hear it’s such a nightmare for you to visit your family and I can understand your fear. Things have surely got to improve next year. Hoping you see your family soon xx

• Brad_66 30th December 2021 at 9:32 pm

Awesome!!! ✈️

• Adrianbullen270 27th December 2021 at 1:12 pm

Phase 2 of my retirement planning,70 weeks to go but who’s counting.
      Phase 2 is sorting out my pensions, doing more bushcraft training and generally trying to work out what I am going be doing for the rest of my life.
      Although the kids seem to be lining me up for babysitting both human and furry grandkids

• Mo001 27th December 2021 at 6:40 pm

That sounds like a great job babysitting human & furry grandkids 😊. What is bushcraft training, if you don’t mind me asking????

• Adrianbullen270 29th December 2021 at 8:35 am

Bushcraft training is basically learning the skills to live in the wild. I have been doing the various levels for a few years now, I love it and the grandkids love learning how to do woody stuff. Might even volunteer (when I retire) to help out at the local forest schools which help bring the less academic kids out of themselves.
        Besides who doesn’t love being out in the woods.

• Mo001 30th December 2021 at 9:10 am

That sounds a great plan Adrian to help out at the local forest schools 😊. I’ve always thought at school more should have been done for confidence building. Bushcraft training sounds like a great way to do that 😊

• Daisy 1212 28th December 2021 at 9:20 pm

I am intending to improve my fitness, lost a lot of it having covid 🙁
      Building up my side hustle business.
      Make some improvements to my house.
      Plan a few short breaks, to take by myself.
      Be kinder to myself 🙏

• adeliza0165 30th December 2021 at 12:33 am

I want to go half way around the world and spend quality time with my daughter and make lots of fab memories to treasure forever 💟

• Mo001 30th December 2021 at 8:58 am

Adeliza, you’ve got a very exciting year to look forward too 🤗. Where does your daughter stay if you don’t mind me asking??? 😊x

• adeliza0165 30th December 2021 at 9:17 am

She’s in Perth.
          We were meant to go last year but covid happened. So then we thought we’d be able to go this year but still couldn’t go. So hoping to go next year – Oz are meant to be opening their borders next February 🤞

• Mo001 30th December 2021 at 11:25 am

Fantastic. That’s going to be the biggest and longest hug ever with your daughter 💜xx

• Brad_66 30th December 2021 at 7:29 am

Financial security, maintaining good health and giving something back. Just signed up for a conservation volunteering role in Solihull. Pumped about it. It’s going to be a good year! 💪🏻

• Kenton 30th December 2021 at 7:35 am

An end to the pandemic please. Seeing more of my Granddaughter and going walking in the Alps. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year. 🧑‍🏫

• Always 30th December 2021 at 9:28 am

I can’t think of anything so…

Add