Home Forums General 12 things to remember

Dave the poet 1970 Posted 2 weeks ago
12 things to remember
4 likes & 9 replies
    • Shirlann 14th May 2022 at 10:23 am

Not too sure of positive thoughts 😏😁

• Nelle96 14th May 2022 at 12:41 pm

I don’t agree with the quitting statement, it’s a really unhealthy view. People should quit – relationships that are making them unhappy, jobs that are stressing them out, ‘friends’ that drain their energy, hobbies that don’t bring enjoyment. One of the delights of getting older is that I’m much more prepared to quit – I’ve just quit working and couldn’t be happier!

• Forestbather 14th May 2022 at 12:47 pm

Absolutely agree.

Quitting things is the most powerful and empowering thing ever.

Quitting isn’t failing.

Quitting is saying – this isn’t good enough for me, I going for something better.

• Nelle96 14th May 2022 at 12:56 pm

Absolutely and yet the message that if you quit, you fail is everywhere. Took my son to the Bear Grylls centre in Birmingham and there is a great big poster – “never quit, never give up”. No wonder so many people struggle with their mental health.

• Shirlann 14th May 2022 at 1:02 pm

Agree nothing wrong quitting something that’s not giving you pleasure or stressing you out too much 🙄😏no body really cares that much about you anyway nowadays 😁only live once on this earth 🙃

• backofbeyond 14th May 2022 at 7:01 pm

I think I need to quit reading motivational mottos. That list looks like the rejects from a Christmas Cracker factory.

Add