Home Forums General 😳

Dave the poet 1970 Posted 6 months ago
😳
3 likes & 4 replies
    • Shirlann 28th November 2021 at 9:27 am

My problem 😏🤔

• Puffin007 28th November 2021 at 9:39 am

That’s the trouble with thinking!
      Only right now matters, concentrate on that.

• Daisychain 28th November 2021 at 9:53 am

That’s the ‘what if’ question. Much of my life has been spent doing the ‘what if’ question with the problem going round and round in my head and just growing as time went on. It’s very debilitating and led me down the anxiety and depression path with all the difficulties that presented in its own right. It’s so draining.

I’ve finally managed to get off that merry go round most of the time with a combination of strategies. Antidepressants helped initially and I started to combat any negative thought with a positive thought. I diverted my attention by involving myself in mindful activities. By this I mean doing something that needs concentration to prevent those sneaky negative thoughts creeping into my consciousness. It’s been a very long road but these days are generally more positive although bad ones come along now and again.

I gave up saying to myself “I should have done….” and replaced it with “I did the best I could at the time”.

I hope my experiences might help but I feel for you. It’s such a depressing place to be. 💐💐

• Daisychain 28th November 2021 at 9:57 am

There’s a strategy called Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) which is in essence what I did (I think). It could help.

Add