Home Forums Jobs & Careers After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess Reply To: After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess

Reply by anitagregory44

im 50 in November. my kids are grown. I used to be afraid of ageing but ive accepted it now. being over 50 isn’t bad, its good cos weve raised our families and now its our time. less money at the moment but there are so many things around that don’t cost anything. local communities have groups, meet new people,leave your purse at home and go for a walk. its autumn now but the great outdoors is beautiful this time of year. put on a warm coat, drag a brush through unwashed hair haha. wear a hat. I like the masks, you only need to mascara. don’t need lipstick . im just going with the flow. im actually worried that im to free now and don’t want to work! the pressure of finding work was really make me sad. so delete the websites, too much competition. I believe we will all find something. you just have to relax because this covid has caused a massive ripple all over the world and all we can do is stay safe and find what works for us. worse things in life than not having a job! stay calm and be happy xx