Home Forums Jobs & Careers After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess Reply To: After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess

Reply by anitagregory44

I do voluntary work on my nearby country park. I don’t get paid, but since lockdown I have met lots of lovely people walking their dogs, taking walks etc. I have become a proper volunteer now. I litter pick every evening and I wear orange hi viz and orange gloves and ride a red bike! all our visitors know me now and it feels like its opened a brand new social life for me. I pick litter, cut brambles down and empty bins. its not glamorous but its such a good way to open my world and I enjoy the praise I get off people for keeping park so clean. we have wildlife and groups of young people sit in woods round a fire  and I meet them all the time to give them bin bags. getting into nature really helped my mental health. to get through these hard times,dont rush into work cos there isn’t any! enjoy freedom, the bills can wait. our physical and mental health are priority. think of this break as unpaid holiday. go bed late, have lie ins. stay off the jobsites cos all they do is make you more depressed xx