Home Forums Jobs & Careers After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess Reply To: After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess

Reply by anitagregory44

when I was laid off before I was made redundant I had time for myself. I did all the de cluttering of the house, jobs that never got done normally. I bought some notepads and went for cycles and found a hidden area where I went to be alone. ive learnt so much about myself this year. I need more money but I think being out of work isn’t always a bad time. you are free to start hobbies. I practise mindfulness and I spend a lot of time on my own, but ive time for me now. Christmas gonna be smaller this year but, we are all in same boat. all ages are losing jobs. iget help off council, they donate food to me and my unemployed sons, so I do my community work to give something back. sometimes not working can show you a new way of life! stay positive and if you want to scream, scream!if you want to cry, cry! take exercise like cycling, jogging, maybe yoga or meditation. get outdoors and breathe. stay away from pubs and booze haha life can be good, its a case of changing your mindset. xx