Home Forums Jobs & Careers After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess Reply To: After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess

Reply by anitagregory44

I do voluntary work, cleaning country park. its opened a new social life for me. I cycle around every night and know everyone walking dogs etc. its helped my mental health. ive met wonderful people and I feel like ive a purpose. I don’t get paid but the benefits of nature doesn’t cost any money. im part of a lovely diverse group of volunteers who are all doing different work but we are always happy when in Highfield country park. I believe nature got me through lock down and my redundancy. I really don’t think I would be here today if I hadn’t found nature, the wonderful nature and wonderful people who you pass a few minutes of time with. social distancing of course! volunteers are happy cos they do work for pleasure and not money and we choose our own hours! recommend it x