Home Forums Jobs & Careers After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess Reply To: After 24 years with British Airways in a customer service role , I have been made redundant on 31/07. I feel a bit demotivated as I feel my age,52, and Brexit, having an Italian passaport, will not make it easy for me looking for another job around Gatwick area. Suggestions, tips and supportive mess

Reply by Margarita

Hi Lina,

I think now it’s even more important to look after your self, practising self-compassion and self- care. This can help you to overcome your feelings of frustrations and can assist you in staying more positive. Check out if you can find an online mindfulness class, this can help you with all this.

A next step can be to review your skills and strengths. Not to forget to assess what you actually passionate about. All these insights assist you in identifying new opportunities and potential job areas.

I hope this helps a bit to get you started. Get help if you need assistance in the above.

Warmly, Margarita