Home Forums General Any 60 plus people out there ? Reply To: Any 60 plus people out there ?

Reply by sally.graham52

Hi everyone I’m new to this group. I’m a young 60 with a 28 yr old daughter and her 34yr old wife. I too am job hunting but there is an added issue I’ve worked in schools for the last 16 years. With the current situation no one knows what is going to happen. I sometimes wonder how to keep going. I get UC, the princely sum of £380 pm to pay all the bills for 2 houses! It’s just as well that I don’t eat! My daughter helps as much as possible but she is also not working. We’re trying to sell our house and then the girls will move up with me but trying to sell your house in today’s current situation it’s impossible. So here I am divorced after 32 years, trying to get over the death of my mother and jobless and have just moved to Newcastle Staffordshire. I need to cancel out the last 3 years. I hope that things can only get better like they say. Any way pity party over it would be great to hear from anyone who refuses to act their age, what ever that means.