Home Forums General Any 60 plus people out there ? Reply To: Any 60 plus people out there ?

Reply by robgradon38

Everything you experienced I have too, same with the interpreters jobs. I must have applied for at least a hundred and fifty jobs and got not one single reply. I even tried reducing my CV and eliminating any reference to my age. I would admit that I am pretty selective in the work that I will do, no chance of me working as a Carer, or in Retail. Some jobs I appreciate that I would be passed over for a younger person such as Warehousing or Courier deliveries, although licensed I have never had a response from a Security company. The problem is that as a result of all the job loses recently the Employer has the choice to cherry pick who they believe to be the perfect candidate on paper and assume that when we reach retirement age that we will retire and they then need to go through the whole process again. What the Employer fails to see is the experience, loyalty, reliability and punctuality of the older person.