Home Forums Jobs & Careers Do you think age discrimination will increase after coronavirus? Reply To: Do you think age discrimination will increase after coronavirus?

Reply by devman825

The answer is Yes more now than prior. I have completed over 20 technical tests just to get an interview, passed all and got to first round then suddenly I get the polite email that they have chosen a different candidate. I learned very quickly best not to put your education on your CV, that way you have a chance that you will get the opportunity to get an interview. To give you an idea the test take approx 2 to 3 hours to complete then you have go through a hour with a junior developer, an hour with a senior developer, an hour with a senior management and if your lucky an hour with HR department. A very time consuming process. A week later another agency would contact me for the same job at the same company, strange how the job is still available. I find if I do not do a video interview I have a better chance of getting to the next round.

I returned home to UK in 2016 after being away for 34 years. Getting close to now having to make a decision to look to another country other than the UK to work. With my hair turned grey the opportunities are less and less, maybe I should start my own company just for over 50 developers?

Just my thoughts

David